Plugin Contributions

Default I think multiple stores but not for sure?

I have read a lot of post about multiple stores. You wouldn't believe how many post are out there. I am thinking about using the solution posted on one of the threads by Gerome from http://www.medea.co.uk/dev/.

I have a company that offers services for residential and business. What I want is when you visit site www.mysite.com, a flash animation will come up introducing my site. The when it ends, it will offer two options business or residential. If you click on business it goes to www.mysite.com/business where the business zen shopping cart is. If you click on residential it goes to www.mysite.com/residential where the business zen shopping cart is. The goal is to provide different products and pricing for residential and business customers. I do not want them to have mixed categories. So my understanding was I could just install zen cart into separate directories. Instead its a little more complicated than that.

So, back to the multiple store add-on that Gerome offers. Has anyone done this, this way. His add-on, as far as I understand, is for having multiple domains like www.abc.com and www.xyz.com directed to the same gateway. Not having one domain with two shopping carts with one gateway.

Any suggestion would help.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I think multiple stores but not for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by jcorey2293 View Post

So my understanding was I could just install zen cart into separate directories. Instead its a little more complicated than that.

No, it isn't, if I understand exactly what you want to do.

A Flash intro page (we won't discuss the advisability of that here) with two links, one to each of two entirely separate Zencart installations (different sub-directories in your domain, different databases, separate admins). Done.

i'm not sure what you mean by 'directed to the same gateway'.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    No, it isn't, if I understand exactly what you want to do.

A Flash intro page (we won't discuss the advisability of that here) with two links, one to each of two entirely separate Zencart installations (different sub-directories in your domain, different databases, separate admins). Done.

i'm not sure what you mean by 'directed to the same gateway'.
    Using one single merchant/gateway account with one SSL Certificate

Plugin Contributions

Most merchant accounts can be used on multiple sites (I know authorize.net and PayPal Website Payments Pro can), but not all, so you'd have to ask.

SSL certs are issued to a specific domain, so I think you'd need 2 in this case, but I'm not sure.