Plugin Contributions

Default copy entire store

I searched the forums...a little luck but some stuff I just dont understand.

I have a few different t-shirt sites (coming soon!) They all use the same template, same layout, and practically the same products. Just different store name, designs, descriptions, and banner.

Soooooo, with all those attributes (stock by atts w/ ddd) and everything else, I'd like to just place the whole entire store on the multiple different websites and edit the products from there.

Now, I have a couple of ideas come to mind, but Im looking for advice on the best way to do this. I have all my websites on one server, but dedicated IPs. I do not have SSL up yet as I am using paypal for now (not sure how SSL will effect the following).

Can I (or rather should I):

1. Copy and paste the store from inside of my Webshell?
    2. Use the same MySQL database?
    3. Setup my own "demo products" for the store? Then just choose (on the install to fill with demo products).
    4. Another alternative?

*Number 3 would be my favorite way to do this so the sites did not share a database.

I currently know I cant download the store and upload as the products are then gone...not sure where they go.

BTW - I would rather go through almost anything than to setup all those dynamic product attributes again, so Im sure any amount of work would probably be worth it! I saw another thread about backing up a database and doing this. I dont know how to back up a database yet. But as mentioned, #3 would be my favorite way to do this.

thx
    follow me on twitter - twitter.com/nuggetshirts

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: copy entire store

1) Using phpMyAdmin, make a backup of your database
    2) Create a database for the new Zen Cart installation
    3) Do a clean install of Zen Cart using the new database
    4) Restore the backup copy of the database to the new one using phpMyAdmin
    5) Create the custom template for the new Zen Cart

Tutorial on backing up your database is located at https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey