Default How does one know when to call it quits?

I had someone make me live and I figured out how to add products between the book or posting here.

I can do much of what I need except when it comes to upgrading, adding mods...things like that. I tried posting here, reading the directions but I just can't get it. I asked the person who made me live for a new template (new look) which she did but she couldn't not figure out how to upgrade either. I have been having some issues with my site such as shipping options no longer working. The system only allows customers to have express shipping which is crazy. No one is buying anything. I am losing people because they see me as a scam site.

Here is what I am wondering:

Is there a way to set up the cart incorrectly yet still have the cart function? Could that be why I am having issues? If so, is there a way for someone to view my site and tell what is the issue and what is inputted wrong or not in the correct spot? Can someone fix it?

If not:
    If I try to hire someone else who is more of a pro with zen to start from scratch and download/create the new updated cart, could they transfer all of my products, pictures, pages, custom template, etc over to the new cart?

If I want to try to start from scratch myself instead of hiring someone else to create a new cart for me, will I be able to transfer what was on the other cart to the new one?

Does the cart have to be attached to a domain name and hosted before I can do this? Basically, if I had to start over due to my site not being set up right, could I have another cart started and work on inputting all 210 products again and making it live after I am done working on it, or will I have to make it live and everyone will see that I started over.....basically with not all products in there?
    [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Personalized 2 Perfection[/FONT]
    http://personalized2perfection.net
    Your one stop shop for unique personalized gifts!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How does one know when to call it quits?

I'm not sure I'd give up just yet.

From what I can see, the only problem you have is that no matter what shipping option your customers choose, Zencart selects Express.

That almost has to be a configuration error.

Un-install the USPS shiopping module in Admin, and re-install and configure it.

If that doesn't fix it, post back here.

thanks...will do

I canceled and then clicked to install the usps. This came up in yellow at the top:

Shipping Configuration errors!
    Warning: USPS shipping module is either missing the username, or it is set to TEST rather than PRODUCTION and will not work.
    If you cannot retrieve USPS Shipping Quotes, contact USPS to activate your Web Tools account on their production server. 1-800-344-7779 or [email protected]

Is this normal when anyone clicks to install a shipping mod?

It still does the same thing. Also when you get to pick what shipping you want, only usps shows up....fed ex disappears. I have had sales in the past and this never happened...if that helps figure things out.

Quote Originally Posted by ashton0603 View Post
    It still does the same thing. Also when you get to pick what shipping you want, only usps shows up....fed ex disappears. I have had sales in the past and this never happened...if that helps figure things out.

I just removed express as an option in the shipping mod section and tried to check out again. Still no fed ex shows up and it now only puts priority as the choice even though I have parcel checked.

Here is more information from me messing with it. I removed and reinstalled fedex ground and express but just realized that only express options show up in the shopping cart estimates...but not when it is time to pick your method.
    If I choose flat rate, it will register in the system and shows flat rate.

So basically my fed ex ground does not work...even after removing and installing again.

I removed and installed the usps mod and nothing has changed. it will automatically pick the most expensive choice for you with the usps options.

It didn't always do this but now it does...Can someone help?