Plugin Contributions

red flag Where is the "Security Token"?

Cause:
    Zen Cart™ v1.3.8 has an added security feature to prevent spoofed external logins. A "security token" field has been added to all login forms. This token must be current (not expired), and must be submitted with login username+password in order for logins to work properly.

I CANNOT FIND IT ON MY LOGIN FORM!!!
    I tried to log my self in as a new user, filled out the form,tried to login, AND I GET: There was a security error when trying to login.
    1.3.8a

NOBODY CAN LOGIN

I have done many searches on this forum to find the answer and all I find is the above mentioned "cause"

But I cannot find a solution!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS THE SECURITY TOKENS??? and how do I implement them in my website.
    Since I upgraded to 1.3.8a IT IS DEAD. Nobody can login. This is a source of income for me and 1.3.8 is costing me a LOT OF MONEY. HOW CAN I REVERT BACK TO AN EARLIER VERSION WITHOUT LOOSING MY PRODUCTS AND DOWNLOADS???
    PLEASE HELP
    Thanks,
    Arthur
    Last edited by acaby; 17 Aug 2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: update

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where is the "Security Token"?

HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I recall writing careful notes in the upgrade instructions that reminded people not to do a direct upgrade on a live site without first doing a trial run on a "copy" of the site, so that if anything didn't go as expected, (a) the live site wouldn't be "down" and thus losing sales, and (b) give you a chance to get the help you need with less pressure on you or anybody helping you.

Something to remember for next time.

As to solutions, the links mentioned above are the right place to go.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Where is the "Security Token"?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I recall writing careful notes in the upgrade instructions that reminded people not to do a direct upgrade on a live site without first doing a trial run on a "copy" of the site, so that if anything didn't go as expected, (a) the live site wouldn't be "down" and thus losing sales, and (b) give you a chance to get the help you need with less pressure on you or anybody helping you.

Something to remember for next time.

As to solutions, the links mentioned above are the right place to go.
    Thanks for the heads up on direct upgrades, unfortunately I did not read that info "my bad" but you can be rest assured if I get my cart lined out I will read ALL the instructions before upgrading again.
    Thanks again,
    Arthur

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by acaby View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on direct upgrades, unfortunately I did not read that info "my bad" but you can be rest assured if I get my cart lined out I will read ALL the instructions before upgrading again.
    Thanks again,
    Arthur
    "MY Bad" was upgrading from my web host's "Fantastico" That for sure Will NEVER happen again.

Arthur