Plugin Contributions

Default Table Rate Calculation is Incorrect

I have decided to charge for shipping based on total weight of the order with 3 weight tiers. Using the table weight calculations I am using:

For testing I am using:
    160:.99,320:2.99,10000:5.99

So everything up to 160 oz in weight (10 lbs) costs $0.99. Anything above 160 oz and up to 320 oz (20 lbs) is $2.99 and anything above 320 oz is $5.99.

So to test this out I went and began adding items till I hit my thresholds. The shipping was $0.99 until I hit that 160 oz mark and then once I pass that 160 oz mark it changes to $2.99 as expected. But with my test item once I added enough to get to 219 oz (for example) my shipping suddenly changes to $1.98 instead of the $2.99 it's supposed to stay at until I hit the 320 oz mark.

Adding a few more of that item eventually takes me past the 320 oz mark and now m shipping has changed to $5.98 instead of $5.99.

According to my equation above my shipping from here on out should no longer change, however adding a few more items gets my weight up to 549 oz which for some reason changes my shipping price to $8.97...that's just not right.

Now yes, I am fairly new to configuring ZenCart but I thought I had all my settings properly set so that this wouldn't be happening. Can someone shed some light on my situation here?

Here's my site in case you would like to test anything further:
    http://InternationalMuscle.net/store

Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Table Rate Calculation is Incorrect

Anyone? Please?

If you need more info please let me know, I'll get you what I can. I just need to get this figured out quickly and no amount of searching has helped. Hell, I'm not even sure *what* to search for to figure this out.

Plugin Contributions

Check the Maximum Weight you will ship in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ...

By default, this is 50 ...

Also check the Tare settings in the same place ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

AH!! You're a god-send. I've been ofer and over these options before but never realized my calculations for the weight had been in different units. The max weight shipped seems to have fixed the problem, thank you!

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for letting us know that adjusting the Maximum Weight value resolved the weight shipping using the different units ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!