Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with some images

I have a problem with uploading images. I make an image in the exactly the same way for two different products and one image uploads fine and the other shows up as a broken image. I have tried to change the image in a number of ways but it just feels like the program simply dose not like it. I have also tried to create a totally new image from scratch and it is still not loading ( the actual image file loads up, but shows up as a broken image ), I have tried to load an image from a different product and it works fine. Please, anybody can help on this..... thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with some images

Gotta be able to see something???? A link to your site would help

Also add detail as to what you are using to edit/create images
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

You can see the product on the following link: http://supercastor.info/ZENCART/inde...products_id=21
    I am using Fireworks to edit, but in most of the cases for computer made images ( not fotos ) I use Snapz Pro X, taking an image shot on my wood design program.

Thanks
    Last edited by Juris; 1 Aug 2008 at 10:29 AM.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

If you are using FTP to upload images, be sure to send them in BINARY mode, not ASCII...

... and are you SURE you are managing to save your image in the desired format... jpg or gif ?

Plugin Contributions

Yes I am uploading it with jpeg and gif formats, I am using the zen editor when I create a new product i upload an image at the same time. I know it is strange why for some images there is no problem and for some it just not working. I create the images the exact same way, and upload it also in the exact same way.

Plugin Contributions

This is the image that i am trying to upload, maybe you can try to upload and see if it works. Just to see if the problem is with the image or somewhere else.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

I think it works now, somehow it did not like the name of the file that I had, I renamed it a TEST just to see if that was the problem and it worked... Thank you all for your help.

Plugin Contributions

If you right click on this image and view properties you will see that the name has been rendered as

Casita%204x4:2.jpg

where it is most likely

Casita 204x4:2.jpg

and Most server systems, especially 'nix systems do not like spaces in the name and you might start insuring that you do not have spaces or special characters in your image names where this becomes something like either of these

Casita204x42.jpg
    Casita_204x4_2.jpg
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I had major issues with this but found a solution! I used easy populate and that seemed to work to get my images in but when I wanted to change them I could not get the new photo it to work. HERE IS WHAT I DID:

Go to Catalog>Catefories/Products. Select the product you want to edit (the product you want the new photo in). Scroll down to where it says

Products Image: (text box) BROWSE BUTTON Upload to directory: (Main Directory)
    Overwrite Existing Image on Server? Y or N (radio buttons)

I copied the photo to somewhere on my computer (unless you already have one saved on your PC) because I can only BROWSE to find the picture, if I put the path of where it is on the server it doesn't recognize it for some reason, if you noticed, all the directories (for categories) have an extra line in the edit page that says:
    Or, select an existing image file from server, filename: (text box).

I browsed for the picture and then I said yes to overwrite the image on the server (because I'll just be replacing it with the copy but I did it this way to make sure it was referencing the correct image, don't know what it would do if I said no)and I kept it to upload to the main directory. Then I hit preview and update and there should be a bar that loads on the top of the page that says it did it successfully.

This worked for me. Hope it will work for you!!