Thread: Favicon Help!!!

red flag Favicon Help!!!

I sure hope someone can help with this. I have read all of the help topics, forum posts and everything I can find. I still can't figure out the addition of a favicon.

What I want to do is specify the exact path to my favicon. I have this working on my entry page here

As you can see it is an animated favicon.

I read this in the FAQs...

2. OPTIONAL: Use a different image name, or force browsers to load a specific filename (normally NOT needed):
    If you wish to have each page setting the favicon data explicitly, you can simply open your /includes/languages/english/YOURTEMPLATE/meta_tags.php file and uncomment the define for FAVICON as shown:

// favicon setting
    // There is usually NO need to enable this unless you wish to specify a path and/or a different filename
    define('FAVICON', 'favicon.ico');

With that set, Zen Cart will explicitly mention the favicon settings on every page, automatically.

The thing is, and maybe i'm dumb, but what does it mean to comment out? Does it mean to completely remove
    • // favicon setting // There is usually NO need to enable this unless you wish to specify a path and/or a different filename define('FAVICON', 'favicon.ico');

I also don't know if my using the Glacial Age Template makes any difference.

Any help will be so very appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Favicon Help!!!

Currently, the only browser that supports Animated favicons is Firefox. Internet Exploder, er, I mean, Explorer, is still one one rose short of a dozen.

I found a really good resource for animated favicons outside of this forum and I'll be happy to give you the link if you will PM me. I don't think I'll be allowed to post the link here as it might appear as a promo, and that isn't allowed.
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Favicon Help!!!

OK so here's one for you.

define('FAVICON','http://www.computerbros.com/images/favicon.ico');

Did I do this correctly. I have the ICO file up a directory so I just gave it an absolute path. Can I do this? because for some reason it's not forcing the icon and I"ve refreshed, closed session and still no go. Can someone please give me some helpful feed back?

Plugin Contributions

in /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/html_header.php

<?php if (defined('FAVICON')) { ?>
    <link rel="icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON2; ?>" type="image/gif" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON2; ?>" type="image/gif" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON; ?>" type="image/x-icon" />
    <?php } //endif FAVICON ?>
    in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php

// There is usually NO need to enable this unless you wish to specify a path and/or a different filename
    define('FAVICON2','includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/icons/icon.gif');
    define('FAVICON', 'includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/icons/icon.ico');
    If just use the old ico file and placed it in the root, then you would not need any of this. If you place your ico in another folder or use a gif, then the above should work... the gif is for animated icons. gif is easier to create then ani's.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I've had some problems in I.E.7 with favicon.
    I was not seeing it, while other friends I asked to control was seiing.
    I solved the problem on my pc erasing the "web site visited".
    Giovanni

Plugin Contributions

If anyone else is looking to find a working solution to getting the animated favicon to work in ZenCart. I found this thread which has a working solution.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113926

Scroll halfway down the thread and look for Sawhorse's post.