Plugin Contributions

Default upgraded.. but...

I can see the store and its contents. Seems like the import to the new database went fine.
    However when I go to get into the admin I encountered this same page:

http://www.shimmys.net/shopping/admin/login.php

saying that either I haven't installed it yet or have invalid info in my configure.php file.

however the only thing I changed (briefly at that) was the path from shopping to demo.

Then I renamed my old zencart install (1.3.0.2) to _old and renamed the 'demo' to 'shopping'. Removed the zc_install files and changed the configure.php files chmod to 444.

Again I can see the store products: http://www.shimmys.net/shopping/
    but can not access the admin.

The difference between my first database and the second one is they are named zencart 15 and zencart 16

passwords and usernames are identical. So nothing in the configure.php should be wrong.

HELP tia
    RAD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgraded.. but...

Quadruple check the path entries in your admin configure.php file
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I just QUADRUPAL checked the configure.php file and all paths are correct. I made the transition from the old zencart 1.3.0.2 database with minimal changes to the configure.php.

Database name was changed from zencart 15 to zencart16 and that was it. all paths are fine. Which is why this ismind boggling that my admin is not working!

Robert aka RAD

Plugin Contributions

Heres something odd Ijust found... the configure.php file we were discussing is in the includes/ folder. I just found a file called configuration.php located in admin/includes/ this particular file seems more php related then something I need to configure.. I saw no paths to change nor any database names to change in there.

Now in my backup stores zencart files the directory admin/includes has a configure.php file that is similar to the one we discussed earlier. but there is no configure.php file in the new 1.3.8a zencart area of admin/includes ... only that configuration.php ... should I add also a copy of the configure.php to the admin/includes?

-R

Plugin Contributions

OK I think I got in!!
    I had to copy the second configure.php file nto the admin/includes... the one in there was blank and I made a mistake saying the configuration.php was also in that dir, it was in the admin dir only.

So the solution was: There are two configure.php files, one in the admin/includes directory and one in the includes directory.

Thanks,
    RAD

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: the two configure.php files are unique to the admin and the catalog so be sure that you have the right file in the right place ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

yes, thank you.. I do all seems to be working well. I now see in the admin the module for paypal website pros, however, being yet agaun cryptic, it wants me to do the following:

Requirements:
    *CURL is used for bidirectional communication with the gateway, so must be active on your hosting server

So I guess I am now going to search my 'hosting server' for this info..

No wonder my former boss/good friend told me he doesn't mess with payent gateways.. drives him batty!

Plugin Contributions

So I guess I am now going to search my 'hosting server' for this info..
    admin > tools > server - version info > search page for curl
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten