Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: e-Path Payment Gateway (Australia) New v5 Release

I have 7 zen-cart sites running and the problem appears on all. Six are live sites and one a test site.

I will not list all the domains but www.rocknrollshirtshop.com is one of the live sites and the test site if anyone wants to run a test is www.rocknrollshirtshop.biz.

The problem I am encountering is the Epath payment is intermittently (somewhere around 1 out of 5 orders) not completing so I receive the payment information from epath
    but the order does not complete in zen cart and the items remain in the customers shopping cart with no order, confirmation of epath payment or heads up email sent.

The problem can be duplicated (and this may be the cause) by not returning to the site when the payment is complete. Epath is slow returning the customer (approximately 25 seconds with a please wait screen) so there is a lot of time for the customer to bail out.

I have talked to Epath and they blame the cart for the problem saying they completed their part since I received the payment email.

PayPal and check are also available payment methods and PayPal never shows this problem.

The sites are on a dedicated Ubuntu 12.04 server on the peer1 network and I have had the server checked it does not appear to be dropping connection.

The sites are all close to the same configuration. From the standard install I add

Google Merchant Center Mod 1.13.0
    Ultimate SEO 2.212
    Configure RCS has just been added but problem was there before
    Sitemap XML 3.2.12
    Easy Populate 4
    USPS 7/28/13 (on some sites)
    UPS (on some sites)

I have not found any errors in the log folder that would match when the problem occurs, and I have not seen anything in the systems logs.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Websmith,

It was me who attempted the first ZC/e-Path plugin many years ago which did not work very well. DrByte came to help and we got it working. I think he again helped to update the code in the latest version. e-Path and ZC work fine for me. I have three ZC's each with e-Path. I have never experienced the 25 seconds you talk about. With me it is more like four to five seconds before my website displays after e-Path but my web site hosting is pretty fast, no delays.

I went to your site to check it out but you don't have a ssl cert. This could be a problem because e-Path returns people and some info via post to your site. Firefox will interrupt the flow (agrrrr) of moving info via post from a secure site to a non-secure site by way of a warning about possibly not being safe. Some people might just shut their browser down in mid flight out of fear something is wrong so ZC doesn't see the people back. I don't think ZC will record the order if they don't get the people back. Getting a ssl cert is a good idea anyway cause nobody will get any interruptions then.

DrByte will know more than me about how the plug in works but it is very basic. Every person ZC accepts back from your gateway is closed off as if the payment was completed successfully as long as ZC gets the person back I think. It they don't come back then I don't think you would ever know except e-Path would still be doing its thing independent of whether your ZC is working or not.

Can you post your two e-Path plug in files and I will have a look at them by comparing them to mine.

J.
    Last edited by jumbuck2; 22 Jan 2015 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Correct spelling.

Plugin Contributions

I would like to add the following information.

The sites do have ssl on the admin side (self-signed) and the test site rocknrollshirtshop.biz has ssl (self-signed) on both admin and store sides for testing purposes.

One of the pluses for E-Path was no requirement for SSL or PCI compliance at the site level. This is stated in their FAQ but they do have a disclaimer that SSL would be a better choice.

To provide commercial ssl on the sites requires I change over from the name DNS currently used to Unique IP's and individual certs since I was told by E-Path that the name dns and SAN certs which will handle multiple domains with name DNS was not acceptable.

The previous server we had was a constant battle to keep the PCI compliance established and an added cost for SSL. With this not being required using E-Path was a strong reason for choosing them.

Because there is no card information or any reason for the site to have SSL.

Is there a way to make the return URL be just HTTP: instead of HTTPS: in the code?

If I can find a way E-Path still provides the best fit for the way I am required to process cards (due to pre-orders) and follow the Mastercard/Visa requirements and I would like to continue processing through them.

Plugin Contributions

Hey websmith.

Stick to one message thread buddy. Your problem is being discussed in much more depth on the other thread you created here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ateway-Problem

It only confuses things if you add the same comment to two different threads.

Plugin Contributions

we use it here https://premiersalon.com.au. No problems for the last two years
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by websmith View Post
    I have 7 zen-cart sites running and the problem appears on all. Six are live sites and one a test site.

I will not list all the domains but www.rocknrollshirtshop.com is one of the live sites and the test site if anyone wants to run a test is www.rocknrollshirtshop.biz.

The problem I am encountering is the Epath payment is intermittently (somewhere around 1 out of 5 orders) not completing so I receive the payment information from epath
    but the order does not complete in zen cart and the items remain in the customers shopping cart with no order, confirmation of epath payment or heads up email sent.

The problem can be duplicated (and this may be the cause) by not returning to the site when the payment is complete. Epath is slow returning the customer (approximately 25 seconds with a please wait screen) so there is a lot of time for the customer to bail out.

I have talked to Epath and they blame the cart for the problem saying they completed their part since I received the payment email.

PayPal and check are also available payment methods and PayPal never shows this problem.

The sites are on a dedicated Ubuntu 12.04 server on the peer1 network and I have had the server checked it does not appear to be dropping connection.

The sites are all close to the same configuration. From the standard install I add

Google Merchant Center Mod 1.13.0
    Ultimate SEO 2.212
    Configure RCS has just been added but problem was there before
    Sitemap XML 3.2.12
    Easy Populate 4
    USPS 7/28/13 (on some sites)
    UPS (on some sites)

I have not found any errors in the log folder that would match when the problem occurs, and I have not seen anything in the systems logs.

Has anyone seen anything similar?
    I have the same problem using e-path credit card orders. Some orders received and some not. Why?
    Downunder QLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12