Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issues with Paypal IPN

I used the test ipn tool and there weren't any errors. It seems to be communicating correctly. I asked Paypal why the customer is still getting sent back to a blank page and he told me to change the RETURNURL. What file is this in and how do I change it? I feel that I shouldn't need to play with the Paypal files. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

have you set up the return URL in the paypal backend?

If not you need to Log into Paypal, go to Profile - Website Payment preferneces

And turn on auto Return for website payments.

The return URL is usually something like the following:

http://www.my_domain.com/shop/index....eckout_process

Hope this helps :)

Scott

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    Thanks for the response. I did that too. I have 2 stores that run on 1 paypal account. I set the return url for one of the store like I am supposed to. The customer will use express checkout to fill in their info. When they are done with that, they are supposed to be directed back to the store but instead some customers get sent back to a blank IPN main handler page and their transaction never goes through. Paypal was telling me to change the returnurl for the express checkout but I don't know where this is or how to do it. Thanks! Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by laisunshine View Post
    The customer will use express checkout to fill in their info. When they are done with that, they are supposed to be directed back to the store but instead some customers get sent back to a blank ... page ...
    So ... this is a problem with Express Checkout, and not with the "PayPal IPN" payment module (which this thread was originally discussing), right?

In that case, the problem is not the Return URL, but rather it's probably some sort of PHP error you're encountering, perhaps as a result of an incomplete file upload and/or a bad language/template file customization you've made.

FAQ on troubleshooting blank pages: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Article on enabling PayPal-specific debug logging: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is what Paypal told me:

"
    You shouldn't want to change the IPN listener URL, you're receiving IPN posts fine and the IPN listener URL you have set up in your account doesn't effect the "RETURNURL" for Express Checkout. I don't know if you have access to the code, but if you do, find the "RETURNURL" you're passing in your "SetExpressCheckout" call. If you don't have access to the code, view the Express Checkout settings in your PayPal account and ensure you're passing the correct "RETURNURL".

The "RETURNURL" is not something that you can set in your PayPal account. Its set in the script you're sending to PayPal to process your Express Checkout transactions.

Like I said previously, if you have access to the code itself, find the script that's creating the request to PayPal and change the "RETURNURL". If you have a developer, have him or her do it for you. If the shopping cart software you're using doesn't allow access to the code, then you will have to go through their interface to change the "RETURNURL"." -Paypal

What do I do?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is automatically setting the RETURNURL for you. It points to "www.your_store.com/ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec", which is the correct URL for a Zen Cart store.
    There is no need to change it in the code.

As I said in my last post, if you're getting blank pages, you have a problem on your site to fix. It's not a PayPal issue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I will double check pages that might have extra spaces. You are so helpful!

Plugin Contributions

OK...for two weeks I've been rebuilding, researching, slapping things around, and I'm just about done with all of it...

Just so I could ensure that it wasn't something I did...I did a complete new install of Zen Cart V.1.3.9h and installed PayPal Express...

I loaded the demo items, and made one test item for a dollar. I added my test item to the cart and selected the PayPal express button...it took me to PayPal where I completed the sale with my credit card and then awaited for the auto return to my site......never did return..

I went to PayPal and verified that my IPN was turned on and this was the address listed: https://rastajoe.com/zen/ipn_main_handler.php
    which is the same as it shows in my Admin of my Cart. My PayPal Express Checkout is set to Auto and my Site Admin settings are:
    Enable this Payment Module
    True

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone
    --none--

Express Checkout Shortcut Button
    On

Set Order Status
    Processing [2]

Set Unpaid Order Status
    Pending [1]

Set Refund Order Status
    Pending [1]

Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    No

Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically
    No

Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page
    Yes

Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation
    No

Payment Action
    Final Sale

Transaction Currency
    Only USD

PayPal Page Style
    Primary

API Signature -- Username
    https://rastajoe.com/zen/ipn_main_handler.php

API Signature -- Password

API Signature -- Signature Code

PayPal Mode
    PayPal

Live or Sandbox
    live

Debug Mode
    Off

I verified that my email address for my cart and for PayPal match!
    I've been a Business Member for over 5 years...
    My Host verified that Port 80 and 443 are open for bidirectional.
    My Site is setup as SSL ...and I do NOT share it.
    I get no errors when I access my sites ipn_main_handler
    I have used both testing tools as suggested in the "Things to check if not working, and here's the results:

The curltester.php said everything checked out.
    The ipntester.php had all kinds of errors...I included them in a attachment!
    My .htaccess is empty
    I removed and reinstalled the module several times...
    My IPN in PayPal is:
    https://rastajoe.com/zen/ipn_main_handler.php Which matches my site.
    In Website Payment Preferences: Auto Return is ON
    Return URL is: https://rastajoe.com/zen/index.php?m...eckout_process
    PDT is ON
    Encrypted Website Payments is set to OFF
    PayPal Payment Optional is ON
    Support giropay and bank transfer payments: NO
    ALL Tax and Shipping Fess in PayPal are OFF

My Website Eorror Log is extensive and I have included it a attachment..I have no idea how to read it?

I'm out of IDEA'S and ready to break something....PLEASE HELP!

Plugin Contributions

PS. I turned on the debug in Admin and I got 10 emails with errors I can't understand....If someone will help I will send the emails separately...thanks

Plugin Contributions

ok...I've deleted everything off my server and reinstalled for the 5th time today...This time I did not use the demo store...I did a full install and created 1 item for testing. I went in and turned on PayPal Express and verified all the settings and did a test purchase....STILL nothing...

I'm not dumb, so my first instinct is that either my Host (who claims they are not) or PayPal...is blocking this crap from going through...here is the basic info from one of the error logs:

[text] => An error occurred when we tried to contact the
    payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or
    contact the store owner for assistance. () - (7) couldn't connect to
    host

This is exactly what was showing in my Real Store...the one that's been down for two weeks now...

Help

P.S. I am now going to try and use a second Business Account with PayPal to see if it's isolated to something I can't think of...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast