Default Ship only to UK Addresses But Allow Accounts Worldwide - how could I do this?

Hi Guys and girls

My client would like users to register addresses and details from any country in the world but only ship to UK addresses. it's wine, it's heavy, fragile and high value - hence expensive to ship internationally.

Is there a module for creating a user approved country list and a site approved shipping list? Or could I create a zones definition with all the countries in that I don't want to somehow? If anyone can help that would be fab!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ship only to UK Addresses But Allow Accounts Worldwide - how could I do this?

By default Zen Cart allows user accounts to be created for any country. You would then create a zone for the UK and restrict all shipping modules that you have enabled to that zone. Zen Cart would then not find a shipping method for any other country, and give out a message to this effect if visitors try to choose a non-UK shipping address.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Default Re: Ship only to UK Addresses But Allow Accounts Worldwide - how could I do this?

Dear Kuroi

You are a star, thanks very much for your help, this worked a treat for me. Thanks again for solving this problem for me.