Plugin Contributions

Default Phone Number Always Required

Hi

My customer takes payments via Paypal Express and Protx and has noticed that allot of customers are getting away with not entering a telephone number. All of the orders I checked used Protx to pay but what I found interesting was that all of the customers who had no phone number which is required by the companies courier service had a customers_paypal_payerid in the customers table of the database.

I have tried creating an account on the customers web site and it will not let me leave the telephone field blank. The telephone field is set to a minimum of 10 charactors. Can anyone point me in the right direction so that this does not happen again.

Thanks
    UK based Zen Cart Web Designer here www.handcoded.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Phone Number Always Required

This has been discussed before. The field can be filled with spaces to get past the requirement.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Okay so I understand that spaces are being counted as characters but surely there is a link with the customers_paypal_payerid in the customers table.
    UK based Zen Cart Web Designer here www.handcoded.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If the customer pays via PayPal Express Checkout, and opts not to supply their phone number to you (on their PayPal page), you won't get it.
    You can change your PayPal Profile settings to require that the customer supply you with their phone number ... however, some customers may not like that requirement and thus abort the transaction ... which is why PayPal recommends against it. But, if your business requires it, you have that option.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.