Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

help question pls help: Authorize.net SIM Response/Receipt URL and integrating vertual terminal

Hi, Do i need to assign Response/Receipt URL? if so , what would it be?
    Is there any way to integrate an order filled out using Virtual Terminal with the zen cart database? is this what Receipt URL is for?

Thank you for any help on this topic!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: pls help: Authorize.net SIM Response/Receipt URL and integrating vertual terminal

The Response/Receipt URL settings are only needed for the SIM module. Since you're using AIM (as per your other discussion thread) they don't apply.

The Virtual Terminal is not used by customers. It's only used if you have the customer's credit card details (such as taking a phone order) and need to process it to collect money from it. It has nothing to do with your actual store order data. If you process an order using VT you'll still have to record that order manually in your accounting software and/or your store, since Zen Cart has no connection to the VT at all.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: pls help: Authorize.net SIM Response/Receipt URL and integrating vertual terminal

Ok. That answers my question; unfortunately, it does not resolve my issue. I use zen cart database for accounting - developed queries to compute my quarterly sales tax, etc. Since there will always be customers who dont trust the putting their CC in the computer and demand to do it over the phone and since there is no way to integrate VT with Zen cart, is there a way to manually input the order in without charging a credit card?

come to think of it... cant i just place the order directly into zen cart myself ? is there even a reason for using VT?

I've been using Google Checkout for the last 2 years and paypal before that, so i never had the luxury of charging people over the phone. This is why i got the Authorize.net account to begin with.. I appologize if im asking obvious questions, still very much a newbie at this.

Plugin Contributions

also, would you maybe recommend a better accounting solution?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greenhat View Post
    also, would you maybe recommend a better accounting solution?
    This is a question that may get more useful answers if posted as a separate topic.

You'll likely get feedback suggesting that you try out the Quickbooks addon mod available in the downloads area and actively discussed in the Contributions forum. If you're using QB it might be of benefit. If you're not, then you may want to explore other options.
    There are no specific accounting packages currently specifically integrated with Zen Cart at the present time.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greenhat View Post
    I use zen cart database for accounting - developed queries to compute my quarterly sales tax, etc. Since there will always be customers who dont trust the putting their CC in the computer and demand to do it over the phone and since there is no way to integrate VT with Zen cart, is there a way to manually input the order in without charging a credit card?

come to think of it... cant i just place the order directly into zen cart myself ? is there even a reason for using VT?
    Yes, you could place the order yourself, and charge the card directly that way.

Some storeowners will temporarily enable the "CC" module when placing an order on behalf of a customer, and then do the actual card processing via VT and manually record the confirmation codes in the order details in ZC admin. That's a lot more steps than just doing the direct purchase on behalf of the customer.

Those are a couple ways to tackle the issue without doing custom coding.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for all your help!