Plugin Contributions

Default Syntax Error, moved to new host

I have two issues:

I had to move the cart to a new webhost to get a dedicated ssl. I spent last two days trying to get the site to work with little help from the host's tech support other than referencing this forum (bless you all!)

I have uploaded files and zc_install to server. Made all the changes as indicated by zen tutorials, fixed permissions, etc. I've done this four times now.

Open in browser to run Zen Cart install and succeed. BUT: clicking on Go to Admin Area button gives me the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/danci18/public_html/webstore/admin/includes/auto_loaders/config.core.php on line 94

Opening this doc, here's the code for line 94, and for the life of me I can't find an extra '.'

$autoLoadConfig[10][] = array('autoType'=>'init_script'../../../../public_html/webstore/admin/includes/auto_loaders/,
    'loadFile'=> 'init_file_db_names.php');

Second issue:

When I click on Go to Store, the browser opens a brand new "Install Zen Cart" page. The URL reads:

http://www.dancingtothespiritofthewo...tall/index.php

I'm thinking there is a "path" that needs to be changed but I can't find it. I've checked (and re-checked) the configure.php's for both Admin/includes and Includes.

Thank you (all!) for any help...I have searched the posts and have tried reinstall(s), etc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Syntax Error, moved to new host

Why did you upload the installer? Have you transferred your database and custom template?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kim! Thanks for the quick reply.

I moved the site to Lunarpages webhost and uploaded their zencart file. Then uploaded my site files. Error messages instructed me to upload zc-install folder. I checked with tech support and they said that was the problem.

Uploaded that folder and at least I could get to the zen install page via the browser. But that's it (as per my post).

I did upload my custom template.
    I did not have to upload/update any data files because the former site was only active as a "test" site--the host could not provide a dedicated ssl certificate so my client wanted a new webhost who could.

I'm really stumped because I did not have any trouble at all when I was with another host and uploaded their zencart install.

Maybe I made a mistake going with Lunarpages. It's not too late to switch; my client really needs this store to be available asap.

I am not experienced with coding, having always worked via Dreamweaver and found creating my client's zen cart to be an education--I'd much prefer not to have to start from scratch as it would take too much time.

Maybe the former zen cart site has too much "proprietary" (?) code from the webhost to use any of those files?

Thanks for any suggestions, thoughts or help.

Plugin Contributions

Before going any further - Please do a search on the forum for your host. I wouldn't want you to lose any more time.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I already did...I didn't come up with any posts mentioning specific problems with this host. Maybe I didn't do the search right? I tried both Lunarpages and Lunarpages + webhost.