Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Free Shipping on just certain products

I want to have free shipping for orders over $75 but want to exclude some products from having a free shipping option. Is this possible to do?

Just spent an hour mucking about with the free shipping options but am not making any headway

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping on just certain products

Is there something that distinguishes these Products that cannot have Free Shipping from the others?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Bulkier than the other products so would prefer people paid for shipping.

After posting the original request had a look at freerules module and if I set a rule of free shipping for over $75 and free shipping <=3 (or an arbitrary amount) then make the weight of the product I don't want to ship for free 1 pound higher then it appears to be working.

Though I do get the free shipping or flat rate option in checkout for orders over $75 which I don't want. Just want the free shipping OR flat rate.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by madmickc View Post
    After posting the original request had a look at freerules module and if I set a rule of free shipping for over $75 and free shipping <=3 (or an arbitrary amount) then make the weight of the product I don't want to ship for free 1 pound higher then it appears to be working.
    Which shipping modules do you have installed right now and with what specific settings?

You have me a little lost on whether you are using the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and Flat Rate flat or if you are using the Order Totals modules for the Shipping ot_shipping or a combination of these ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Which shipping modules do you have installed right now and with what specific settings?

You have me a little lost on whether you are using the Free Shipping Options freeoptions and Flat Rate flat or if you are using the Order Totals modules for the Shipping ot_shipping or a combination of these ...
    OK - I thought this would be easy.

I will be offering 2 options - Flat rate or Free postage. No Zones because only offering to Australia.

Modules installed and setting:

Flat Rate:

Enable Flat Shipping
    True

Shipping Cost

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

Free Shipping Options:

Enable Free Options Shipping
    False

Shipping Cost

Handling Fee

Total >=

Total <=

Weight >=

Weight <=

Item Count >=

Item Count <=

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

Free Shipping Rules:

Enable Free Rules Shipping
    True

Shipping Cost

Handling Fee

Total >=

Total <=

Weight >=

Weight <=

Item Count >=

Item Count <=

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

Free Shipper:

Enable Free Shipping
    False

Free Shipping Cost

Handling Fee

Tax Class
    --none--

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

Everything else is either set to False or not installed.

This combination works in that if I buy some of the "bulky" items there is no free postage offered even if the sale price is >= $75 which is what I want .

If I buy a "bulky" item and something else I still get only the flat rate option which is good and proper.

However if I buy a total of other products without the "bulky" item for a total that is >= $75 then I am offered 2 options - Best way which is my flat rate or Free postage. I only want Free postage to be shown.

Does that make sense to you because it does to me.

In addition to the above:

Order Totals modules for the Shipping ot_shipping is not installed. Tried it with it installed and makes no difference.

The only I can get the options to work with any degree of success is the setup above. Think I have tried all combinations possible.

Plugin Contributions

Install the Shipping ot_shipping module so that the shipping can be recorded ...

Next, the Free Shipping Options is setup as OR conditions ...

If you want AND conditions you will need to customize the Free Shipping Options freeoptions shipping module ...

You say:
    No Zones because only offering to Australia.
    If there isn't a Zone, then how do you offer this to Australia only? Or did you deleted everything out of the database except Australia?
    Linda McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Install the Shipping ot_shipping module so that the shipping can be recorded ...

Next, the Free Shipping Options is setup as OR conditions ...

If you want AND conditions you will need to customize the Free Shipping Options freeoptions shipping module ...

You say:

If there isn't a Zone, then how do you offer this to Australia only? Or did you deleted everything out of the database except Australia?
    Ok installed the Shipping ot_shipping module again.

Haven't set any zones really as specify that I will only ship/post to Australia (at the moment) and just offer flat rate postage Australia Wide.

As I am not that good with PHP maybe you could lead me in how to setup the customisation of the freeoptions shiping module to include an AND statement.

OK Had a look at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52890 and used code posted there. Only changed one OR to an AND (the total AND weight), set freerules to False and set FreeOptions for Total >=75 and weight <=3 and it works but I am offered 2 options when the total is >=75 and weight <=3 - Best way which is my flat rate or Free postage. I only want Free postage to be shown. Appears to work fine in other combinations. Maybe I am stuck with it showing this option.

Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping Options freeoptions is designed to show in addition to other shipping modules ...

You could do a lot of customization to stop this, but by default this works to allow the customer to pick a Free Shipping Option rather than another shipping method where you determin what shipping you will use and the customer is willing to wait for it to get there for Free Shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast