Plugin Contributions

red flag Authorize.net system notice

I recently received this notice from Authorize.net, and need to know if I need to make any adjustments to my Zen Cart settings in order to accommodate this - I imagine that anyone using Authorize.net will have the same question, so I'm pasting the whole notice from them below. Can you advise me as to whether we will need to make adjustments to our existing set up?
    Thanks!!!

Notice from Authorize.net:
    In early October, Authorize.Net will be expanding the range of Transaction IDs issued by the payment gateway. Please read this e-mail thoroughly as it contains important information on how to ensure that your account is not affected.

The Authorize.Net Transaction ID is the payment gateway-generated number used to uniquely identify each transaction you submit for processing. The Transaction ID can be found in the transaction response and in the Search and Reports features of the Merchant Interface.

The Transaction ID field was originally developed with a maximum numeric value of 2,147,483,647. As the number of merchants using the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway has grown, we have identified a time in which the Transaction ID count will surpass 2,147,483,647. For this reason, we are in the process of expanding the range of Transaction IDs that the payment gateway can issue. Accordingly, we are communicating to all merchants to verify that your systems can accommodate a 10-digit Transaction ID greater than 2,147,483,647.

In most cases your transaction processing will not be affected. However, if you have an internal business application or solution that relies upon the Transaction ID field, your system may fail if it cannot handle a Transaction ID larger than 2,147,483,647. For more information, please review the Transaction ID FAQs located at http://www.authorize.net/transid.

It is critical that you contact your developer to verify whether your integration will be impacted. Specifically, please provide your developer with the following information:

The Transaction ID, or x_trans_id, is specified as a 10-digit integer and will only be affected if that value is represented as an INT data type, which has a max value of 2,147,483,647. If you have specified the Transaction ID as a string value, then your system will not be affected. Failure to accommodate 10-digit values larger than 2,147,483,647 will result in your system's inability to accept Authorize.Net transactions.

Note: If you need to make updates to your Transaction ID architecture, you should do so prior to October 1, 2008, to ensure that you will not be affected.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net system notice

Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net system notice

thanks all...it's nice to know the Wizards out here can help us