Plugin Contributions

Default No cheap international shipping with USPS?

I have the USPS module SEEMINGLY running properly (I could be wrong). One problem I'm having though is with orders from outside the US. I tested an order from the US to Canada.

My option results are
    $43.50 Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)
    $43.50 Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)
    $43.50 Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)
    $27.25 Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)
    $17.00 Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)

Note that right now for testing I have every mail option checked on in the USPS module. This includes "First-Class Mail Int". However, First-Class Mail® International Package $4.76, which is offered to me at the USPS site for the same weight of product is not available in my store. This is a major issue, as it results in the cheapest available price to non-US customers beind 17 bucks instead of 5. I also tested the UK and (besides being forced to input a state/provice when I don't think they use them there, I again got a proper quote for everything except 1st class. (jacking the 16.90 rate up to a 24 dollar minimum.

Can anyone help me figure out why this (probably most likely to be used) option is not showing up? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No cheap international shipping with USPS?

What weight are you testing and what are your Tare settings?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I had this same problem - I had installed the new patch for USPS months ago, but then the file got overridden without me realizing. Try installing the patch again, and yes make sure your shipping weights are set correctly - the default is to add 3 pounds or something kind of insane. :)
    -emiLy & Ryan Quick
    TheECstore.com

Plugin Contributions

My test product right now is 0.882 lbs in zencart. I'm purchasing one of them. My Shipping/Packaging tares for both sizes is 0:0. First class int'l is checked in the module.

I just installed the May 2008 patch. This DID impact what is shown, but it still fails to return first class:

$43.50 Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)
    $43.50 Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)
    $43.50 Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)
    $27.25 Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)
    $23.95 Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)
    $17.00 Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)
    $9.95 Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope (6 - 10 days)
    $23.95 Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)

Using .89 lbs on usps, I get numbers which seem to match up with the above values, but also $4.76 as a First-Class Mail® International Package option to Canada (you can check the link below to confirm it).
    http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServi...=0.89&O=0&sd=1

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that you have REMOVED, INSTALLED and reconfigured the USPS shipping module and have set this to the Production Server as the Test Server often fails with them ...

I am shipping US to Canada and get this:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)) $43.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $43.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $43.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)) $27.25
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)) $23.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $17.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope (6 - 10 days)) $9.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $23.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $29.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (First Class Mail International Large Envelope (Varies)) $4.56
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.88lbs) (First Class Mail International Package (Varies)) $4.76
    Last edited by Ajeh; 8 Sep 2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: cleaned up for clarity
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I was having the same problem.

What I found was to make sure you have the USPS update installed and have 'First Class Mail Int Package' enabled and it should work fine.

Look here for the USPS update: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97461

Geoff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Make sure that you have REMOVED, INSTALLED and reconfigured the USPS shipping module and have set this to the Production Server as the Test Server often fails with them ...

The actual removal and installation seems to have solved the issue. Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that after you REMOVED USPS Shipping Module to get out the old, changed data and then INSTALLED the USPS Shipping Module with the new May 12th Update at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97461

to get in the new, updated data that the USPS Shipping Module was able to work correctly for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have been reading bout the international shipping first class issue and you all talk bout the patch and show a thread but where do you download the patch from?
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

The 2nd and 3rd post on that thread have the attached file for the update for v1.3.x or v1.2.x ...
    Linda McGrath