Plugin Contributions

Default Getting the FedEx shipping module to work

I'm setting up an online store for a client; they want to use FedEx. I
    found your FedEx module, but I'm unable to get it to work. For example: where do I find the settings information from FedEx.com to use in Zen-Cart? I tried e-mail the module's creator, but his address is no longer valid; I even tried calling FedEx, but the tech person said he had never heard of it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting the FedEx shipping module to work

Hello!

You should already have an account with FEDEX for this module to work. You will need your account number and the address that you registered with. Don't worry about the meter ID - it will generate one for you. If you aren't sure about the other options, just leave them alone.

When installing, I had run into a problem with the FEDEX module where the FEDEX shipping options were not showing up and I think I fixed it by editing the file includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php . There is a comment there that says "allows FedEx to work comment comment out Standard and Uncomment FedEx". You have to comment out line 64 and uncomment 63.

This was after I figured out that a Meter ID generated for the production server would not work for the test server. If you turn on the FEDEX module's debug statements, you can find out if it doesn't like your meter ID or not.

I am not on the forums often, so hopefully that info will set you in the right direction. Good luck!

-- Megan

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem, I can't get FedEx to show up on my checkout page. I tried a couple variations of what is suggested below, but I couldn't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Defined By Eye View Post

There is a comment there that says "allows FedEx to work comment comment out Standard and Uncomment FedEx". You have to comment out line 64 and uncomment 63.
    Would someone be able to show me EXACTLY what that code needs to look like? I haven't quite grasped the whole PHP thing.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hello -

I'll paste the reply that I gave to another person... She tried the commenting/uncommenting thing and it didn't work out for her so I'm assuming that there is another problem somewhere.

----------------------
    You can't do this through the shopping cart admin. You have to have an FTP program to download and upload files to your web server. This isn't a guaranteed fix since I don't know what problem you are having, but here is what I did:

1. Download this file from your server: includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php
    2. Save a backup copy
    3. Open the file in a text editor.
    4. Locate lines 64 and 63. One line will have // in front of it. This is the commented one. Remove the // from that line and add it to the beginning of the other line.
    5. Save the file
    6. Upload it to your website (overwrite the old one).

I would recommend trying this on a development site first, but you may not have one... Just make sure that your backup file is
    handy in case you accidentally break something. Commenting (adding the //) to one or the other of these two lines is pretty safe, just don't mess with the rest of the file.

---------------

If you are still having troubles, you might try turning on debugging in the FEDEX module and see what it outputs. Post that to the forum and maybe someone can help better.

Plugin Contributions

The lines should look like this when you are done:

// allows FedEx to work comment comment out Standard and Uncomment FedEx
    if ($quotes[$i]['id'] != '' || $quotes[$i]['module'] != '') { // FedEx
    // if ($quotes[$i]['module'] != '') { // Standard

Plugin Contributions

I can get the mod to work with Express shipping, however for ground shipping only the "FedEx home Delivery" option shows. So I am missing ground options, I checked with FedEx and ground service is added to my account. Any ideas?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Umm... that I don't know. I made the assumption that home delivery WAS ground delivery, but I guess Fedex has them listed separately on their site. That would be a question for the module developer. I'll look into it too if I have some spare time (wouldn't be sooner than next week though).

Plugin Contributions

Home delivery is ground delivery but I dont believe it is the only ground option that should show. in the images folder there is three images express,home delivery and ground, this is another thing that makes me think I am missing the ground option.

Plugin Contributions

Unless there is a company name in the address it will show as the home delivery,
    this is the residential ground service....
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting