Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A few problems - Using GoDaddy as my host

Server Up Time: 05:25:52 up 131 days, 15:08, 0 users, load average: 11.27, 9.52, 7.70

I just clicked on an item thats displayed on my home page and the page didnt show, so I refreshed and it took 55 seconds to load (according to fasterfox)and look to another product-62 seconds.

I have also recieved an email from GoDaddy saying that they have looked into my problem and that its coming from a folder that holds most of the images i use on my site. the folder holds around 49 or 50,000 images and a subfolder(that shouldn't be there and will be deleted) which appears to be a copy of its parent.
    So GoDaddy say/reccomend that I shouldn't have more than 1024 files in a folder. Is that true? I wasn't aware of that.
    Shane

Plugin Contributions

The last host I was with I used almost exactly the same setup (different domain name) and didnt have these problems.

I changed hosts because several of their servers crashed and it took over two weeks to get the problems sorted and even then it wasn't fully fixed
    Shane

Plugin Contributions

Seriously? Godaddy support? Two weeks ok on monday we couldn't even access our site. I call godaddy, they realize they are experiencing a problem on thier end. They assure me it will be fix within 24 hours. HA HA, well two weeks later the same thing is still happening periodically. I have called numerous times, and even submitted 2 support tickets. They tell me, the network load seems oddly high but it shouldn't affect anything. I beg to differ. I deal with it every day. Customers are calling in frustrated because the website keeps timing out. Yes, we are switching hosting providers. We have 12 domains with godaddy that is soon to be no more. I personally have had enough. Oh, and the value applications they install for free, they have absolutley no support for them whatsoever, and don't tell me they do, I have called and recieved an anwser verbatim " We don't support any of those applications" but yet they install it for you. It's like calling an auto dealer for support with your vacum cleaner.

Plugin Contributions

That's it - Im moving hosts... GoDaddy worked fairly well for about a week or two.. Then it started slowing down again.. And now, I get the dreaded MySQL timeout errors. Worst of all, it really pisses me off when there is an obvious problem with the servers, and support tells you that everything is fine.

GD Support, i think you guys should listen to your clients before you loose a lot more of them:

- Stop overloading your servers, or at least offer an upgrade to move to a less crowded server (and the 7 times $ amount upgrade to a virtual host doesnt count)
    - open up ports needed for zen cart to function properly

im not shopping around for a better alternative.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greenhat View Post
    That's it - Im moving hosts... GoDaddy worked fairly well for about a week or two.. Then it started slowing down again.. And now, I get the dreaded MySQL timeout errors. Worst of all, it really pisses me off when there is an obvious problem with the servers, and support tells you that everything is fine.

GD Support, i think you guys should listen to your clients before you loose a lot more of them:

- Stop overloading your servers, or at least offer an upgrade to move to a less crowded server (and the 7 times $ amount upgrade to a virtual host doesnt count)
    - open up ports needed for zen cart to function properly

im not shopping around for a better alternative.
    Smart Move.. I have one test site on GoDaddy and it takes about 2-3 min to come up using broadband. So I checked the whois.domain-ns and found that the server I use has 3696 other sites residing on that server. Duh !!!
    Thank goodness it's not a live store or I'd go bankrupt.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone using godaddy having problems with html editor?
    One of my client's sites is hosted with them, and when trying to update any of the define_pages using html - nothing works. Images won't upload or they get assigned a path drawing from the ADMIN images folder (whatever!) and text sizes and color changes just don't work.

Any ideas on how to fix this - recommended host move already - no go.

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by shane102 View Post
    I have also had serious problems with load times, timeouts........ since moving to godaddy around 2 months ago. It was fine at first but a few of weeks back thing started to sloooooowww doooowwwwnnn.

I started on windows hosting and switched to linux, this didn't help.
    So I haven't bothered contacting them after switching to the linux setup.

When I spoke to the staff at godaddy they were very nice people to talk to but, that's not what I paid them for!!!!

I had no problems on my previous host with the same zen setup.
    I have taken hosting elsewhere and am moving my site there today or tomorrow.
    I have had the same problem as shane, the site speed works normal on the start but a few weeks later, the slowness has impacting me most of the time

Also when i want to switch from Windows into Linux, i didn't find Upgrade/Downgrade Hosting Account. in my right hand side as it stated in here
    http://help.godaddy.com/article/1285

Seriously, where is that button?

See the screenshot below
    http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eenshotse7.jpg

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those are questions you need to ask directly to your hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My partner & I are just beginning to set up our website, not much done yet except that we've decided we want to run our store using Zen Cart after reading up about many different cart options. We purchased a test month of hosting through Go Daddy and we're already having issues just with installation. We're learning as we go and thankfully haven't purchased a full year with GD - at this point, before we begin actually building the site, we really need to know WHICH host we should go with? We want the make the right choice NOW so that we don't have issues with trying to move our site in the future. HELP PLEASE!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There's a "Certified Hosts" link at the top of this page, where you can find some suggestions. Be sure to do your own research before selecting one.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234