Plugin Contributions

Default Adding the Shopping Cart Contents Directly On The Product Listing Page

Hello,

I would like to add the shopping cart contents on the product listing page... so that when a customer hits add to cart the contents will always show on the product listing page.

here is a link to a website that already has it....

https://demo.rapidorders.com/order.p...s.php?cId=1897

It is shown all the way at the bottom of the page.

Can something like this be done on zen cart?

Thank You!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding the Shopping Cart Contents Directly On The Product Listing Page

Yes!

See the Free Add Ons link just below the Zen logo top-left? Go there and download the Cart Contents Sidebox contribution. It is designed to go in the sidebox rather than in the content area of the page, but that's better anyway - in my never humble opinion.

There's also a contribution that will put it in your header area, which you may prefer.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding the Shopping Cart Contents Directly On The Product Listing Page

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    Yes!

See the Free Add Ons link just below the Zen logo top-left? Go there and download the Cart Contents Sidebox contribution. It is designed to go in the sidebox rather than in the content area of the page, but that's better anyway - in my never humble opinion.

There's also a contribution that will put it in your header area, which you may prefer.

Rob
    Rob thank for that useful information.... can i customize it to be placed at the bottom of the page instead of it being at in the side boxes? Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

If you search the Free add Ons for "shopping cart" there are 24 hits returned. Down in that list is "Shopping Cart Totals in Header" which says it's an easy mod and can be placed in other locations in your pages. I haven't done this -- I use the Cart Contents Sidebox -- but you can give it a try.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

If you search the Free add Ons for "shopping cart" there are 24 hits returned. Down in that list is "Shopping Cart Totals in Header" which says it's an easy mod and can be placed in other locations in your pages. I haven't done this -- I use the Cart Contents Sidebox -- but you can give it a try.

Rob

Rob,

I add on tool is great.. however the functionality is very limited... it only allows me to view the summary of my shopping cart... it doesn't let me check out the item directly from the product listing page... just like on the other website... is there an add on which will let me make a purchase directly from the product listing page? Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

That will require some custom coding. Just recently, probably right here in this part of the forum, I read how someone added a Checkout button to the Cart Sidebox add-on. If you find that thread you may be able to work with them to do the same with your cart on the products page.

Rob

Here it is...
    checkout in sidebox
    Last edited by rstevenson; 11 Sep 2008 at 12:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

That will require some custom coding. Just recently, probably right here in this part of the forum, I read how someone added a Checkout button to the Cart Sidebox add-on. If you find that thread you may be able to work with them to do the same with your cart on the products page.

Rob

Here it is...
    checkout in sidebox
    Rob,

Thanks a lot for the great info I'm going to go ahead and take a look into this.... i searched around for some people that might know how to do it ... but it there is more coding to it.... if you can across a developer... or find some thing out PM me.

Thanks you for your help!