Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Notes Advanced

This is the "official" thread about admin notes advanced. Current version 0.912

From the readme:
    Features/advantages:

- Create, edit and delete admin notes.

- Easy installation (no need to edit files and no existing database tables are changed).

- Active Notes: the Zen Cart notifier system is being used to notify you about active notes.

- Attached Special notes: attach notes to a customer, product, order or category. These special notes will only show a notification while viewing the customer, product, order or category.

- Unattached customer, product, order or category notes: these notes are specific, and will show a link to the customer, product, order or category, but you will always be notified (whether you are viewing the customer, product, order or category or not).

- Notes categories: create notes categories, and filter notes by category.

- Notes search (name and text).
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=847
    Last edited by paulm; 9 Oct 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Notes Advanced

very nice, i've been waiting for this!

any chance of making the text boxes for the customer/order/product/category into dropdown boxes?

i'd be willing to help ya out
    mike

Plugin Contributions

This is a great mod, many thanks.

Heathenmagic

Plugin Contributions

Nice to hear you like it I must say like it too

Quote Originally Posted by bitsmith2k View Post
    any chance of making the text boxes for the customer/order/product/category into dropdown boxes?
    Sorry, no plans in the near future for that (although I agree that that part needs some improvement).

Not sure if it's clear as it is, but a way to attach a note is to make it a "Special note" (without entering any id) and then browse your admin to view the item you want it attached to. The the script will ask you if you want to attach the note, and if you then click the link you will be redirected to the note editor and the id will be filled in (marked by '*' ). If you then save the note it will be attached the the item you viewed.

Plugin Contributions

Bugfix for v0.912
    The bug causes the product_type not to be set when clicking on a "Edit product" link in the admin notes notifier. And if product_type is not set when using the Zen Cart products editor to save the product, it will change the products_type to 0, which is not a desired value!

To fix it open admin\includes\init_includes\init_notes_notifier.php

and change:
    Code:
    products_type
    to:
    Code:
    product_type

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Boy, am I in trouble!

I installed Admin notes; worked ok. Then I installed your contribution as well, because I thought it looked pretty good, and was about to install the SQL file via my admin, and when i tried to log in got a white screen with the following:

1146 Table 'zencart_partykitnkaboodle_com_au.notes' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * FROM notes n LEFT JOIN notes_categories nc ON (n.notes_categories_id = nc.notes_categories_id) WHERE (`notes_status` = '1') AND (((`notes_start_date` <= NOW()) AND (`notes_start_date` >= '0001-01-01')) AND ((`notes_end_date` >= NOW()) OR (`notes_end_date` <= '0001-01-01')))]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I really dont know what this means & no idea how to fix it. Also not sure why it is affecting my log in ability.

Many thanks & hope I can be lead in the right direction - because I really need to be able to login to Admin ASAP

S

Plugin Contributions

I quite obviously did not read your install notes carefully:

2) Now copy and paste the contents of notes.sql into: admin :: tools :: Install sql patches
    (it's important to load the sql successfully before you install the files!)

so humbly wondering (seeing I like to do things backtofront!) if there is a cure for my boo boo

thank you thank you

S

Plugin Contributions

ok - a newbie fix to my self-inflicted problem....

me? not at all familiar with PHPmyAdmin & have never played with it ......looks far too foreboding ATM

Anyhooo - I just ran the SQL file thru the the SQL tab (held my breath) & it works

(I know this was probably a "logical" solution - but I'm still in Kindergarten land when it comes to all this

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Green333 View Post
    I quite obviously did not read your install notes carefully:

2) Now copy and paste the contents of notes.sql into: admin :: tools :: Install sql patches
    (it's important to load the sql successfully before you install the files!)

so humbly wondering (seeing I like to do things backtofront!) if there is a cure for my boo boo
    I am glad you found out what went wrong, and that you told it! Saves me some time, and it *hopefully* will prevent others form overlooking the same thing....

Some day I might add a check to the notifier if the table exists, to prevent these kind of problems. But I am afraid I have little time. There is so much more to do

You are a bit lucky that the sql works as is in phpMyAdmin. If you installed Zen Cart using a table prefix then you would have to add the prefix to the notes table before executing the sql.

Another way back into the admin would have been to remove the files that where added by this addon (or even remove the notifier only).

And, of course, everyone can always go back to the backup that was made before installation of the addon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that...I guess I was petty lucky with the PHPmyAdmin considering my blunder!!.

I look forward to using your mod. Looks really great

Thanks again

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast