Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Notes Advanced

This add on is great! I have a small suggestion if you're making improvements. I wish I could code PHP but I'm damn usless with it (now if you need help with Windows or networks, that's another matter).

It would be more convenient for there to be an "add admin note" button in the same place as order and packing slip when looking at the customers screen.

The current click, click, click to get to the ability to actually add a note to a customer is a bit, well, inefficient. This is what I primarily use this function for myself.

Thanks for a very useful mod.

Plugin Contributions

@maxus: I think my latest version does what you are asking, and I probably will release it soon.

@atsak:
    The current click, click, click to get to the ability to actually add a note to a customer is a bit, well, inefficient.
    You are right of course. For some reason I did not want to change any core code when I wrote the add on, that is why the click, click, click, method was invented
    But adding some buttons here and there should be quite easy, especially at places where the needed id is already available. I think I will be able to look into it within a couple of days (or hours or weeks or.....).

Plugin Contributions

New version uploaded.

version 0.95

- updated admin\includes\init_includes\init_notes_notifier.php
    Selecting an order will also trigger the customer notes now. So if there is a note about a customer it will pop up on all orders of that customer.

- updated admin/notes.php
    a) Added details to detailed view
    b) Several minor code changes (fixed some navigation issues)

To update from 0.914 to 0.915 only copy both updated files (over writing the older versions)
    (Probably) available soon via: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1210

No time to fully solve the "click click click" issue yet though, so it's not in this version yet. It's not difficult, but time flies....

Plugin Contributions

customer issue Re: Admin Notes Advanced

Just installed this plugin, very nice

It would be nice if product notes came up on orders like the customer notes do.

That way, if there's any issue with a product, you'd get an obvious notification when it was ordered.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Just installed this plugin, very nice

That way, if there's any issue with a product, you'd get an obvious notification when it was ordered.
    Thanks for posting this observation.

I was not aware that the product and category notes were not appearing on orders. I actually went into my admin to do a 'test product note' so I could come back here and help you out by posting the steps to get a product or category note to appear on an order for that product and voila... you are right!

I need to go back now and see if i've missed any important notes over the past few weeks since I had no idea the product/category notes weren't showing up on orders

Perhaps this will be a feature that will be added in the future...

Still a SUPER GREAT MOD though, and can't imagine NOT having it now!

Zencart ROCKS
    www.ZenCrystals.com
    www.CraftMagick.com
    Magickal & Metaphysical supplies/services

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I'm new to Zen Cart and just installed the Notes Admin today. Is it possible to see notes during a customer listing, or only when selecting an individual customer? I'm only seeing it for individuals. Thanks, and thanks for a helpful mod.

Plugin Contributions

Admin notes uses the Zen Cart $_GET variables (for example: cID is being used for the customers id). This means you need to select the customer (or order or product or category) to trigger a special note.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post

I agree it's interesting. It will probably take a while before I get to adding new features like that though.

Plugin Contributions

Version 0.96 will be attached to this post for now. It (or a newer version) may be uploaded the the Zen Add Ons later.

This version solves the issue described by atsak:
    Quote Originally Posted by atsak View Post
    It would be more convenient for there to be an "add admin note" button in the same place as order and packing slip when looking at the customers screen.

The current click, click, click to get to the ability to actually add a note to a customer is a bit, well, inefficient.
    The new button code to quickly add customer/product/order/category specific notes is currently included in admin/includes/header.php . It might be moved to (an)other file(s) in later versions. (It's a single line of code, so it's very easy to put it anywhere you like.)

EDIT: to upgrade from 0.951 only replace admin/notes.php and add admin/includes/boxes/notes_buttons.php
    (and read readme-notes-buttons.txt)
    Last edited by paulm; 27 Oct 2009 at 03:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi paulm

Thanks for this mod. The notes are a fabulous idea and the buttons make it much easier to use. Well...in my case the little red crosses where the buttons should be :) Would you mind telling me what I'd need to do to add button images (apart from making the .gifs)?

Kind regards
    Philip

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast