Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Notes Advanced

Just curious as to exactly what kinds of information can be stored in these notes.

We are wanting to be able to scan copies of invoices, shipping docs and other such information and store them in some scanned format with the order and/or customer file.

ANy suggestions?

THanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Hi paulm

Thanks for this mod. The notes are a fabulous idea and the buttons make it much easier to use. Well...in my case the little red crosses where the buttons should be :) Would you mind telling me what I'd need to do to add button images (apart from making the .gifs)?

Kind regards
    Philip
    I right clicked on each of the missing button images and viewed the properties of each button. This gave me the path, size and name of each one. I simply created the gifs and uploaded them to the appropriate directory. Now it all looks fine!

I guess this is incredibly basic...but I was pleased :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I right clicked on each of the missing button images and viewed the properties of each button. This gave me the path, size and name of each one. I simply created the gifs and uploaded them to the appropriate directory.
    That is how I would have done it too.

Maybe you can zip the buttons (+ directory structure) and upload it here, so the buttons can be added to the add on?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dkhoward View Post
    Just curious as to exactly what kinds of information can be stored in these notes.
    Text only, no other data (and it's possible to use HTML, which is text too of course).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    That is how I would have done it too.

Maybe you can zip the buttons (+ directory structure) and upload it here, so the buttons can be added to the add on?
    Good idea paulm. I've attached a file containing the five buttons needed for your contribution when using .gif files. The five buttons are:

Add Categories
    Add Customers
    Add Note
    Add Orders
    Add Products

The zip file contains these .gifs in the proper directory structure which is: admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/

The images have been optimized so they are each less than 400bytes. The colour was chosen to stand out - some may find it unpleasant :) I've only included English buttons.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this mod, but I'm not yet sure if it can do what I need it for.

I have a few customers who have past due balances. I want to add a note attached to the customer so that if a new order is received from that customer, the note will be displayed advising not ship until previous balance is paid, the note should appear on all orders from this customer.

Can this mod do that? I can't figure how to do it or whether the mod has this feature.

Plugin Contributions

Can someone confirm if the way you uninstall this mod is by just deleting the files uploaded and running these 2 sql statements?

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `notes`;
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `notes_categories`;

Don't know much about this, so just want confirmation I won't mess up anything else.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    I want to add a note attached to the customer so that if a new order is received from that customer, the note will be displayed advising not ship until previous balance is paid, the note should appear on all orders from this customer.

Can this mod do that? I can't figure how to do it or whether the mod has this feature.
    That is possible. See my comment about version 0.95 a couple of posts back in this thread, and it's also described in the included readme file!

Can someone confirm if the way you uninstall this mod is by just deleting the files uploaded and running these 2 sql statements?

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `notes`;
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `notes_categories`;
    That is correct. And if you have added the notes buttons code to your header.php file (as described in the included readme-notes-buttons.txt file) you may want to remove that too.

Plugin Contributions

Just uploaded 0.96 to http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1210
    (version 0.96 is about 6 months old now, just never got to uploading it to the Add Ons section until today)

Plugin Contributions

I added the module per the readme.txt instructions and copied the buttons also, but I do not see the ADD NOTE button icons. Is there a step that I missed?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast