Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal issues - error emails (6) & operation time out on two diff stores.

[FONT=Arial]Hi guys,

One store I've work on using paypal express as the only payment method has been suffering from
    [/FONT]
    - (6) Couldn't resolve host 'api-3t.paypal.com'

[FONT=Arial]errors over the past few days. This error hasn't presented itself before, after numerous recent successful sales. Nothing has changed on their hosting or servers. I've run a cURL test and everything is fine there!

Now, ontop of that, my own store also suffered some paypal errors last night, specifically 'operation timed out' errors. Again, no change to hosting and several successful recent sales.

I've looked through the forum here, and the paypal developer forums and can't find any information there.

Is something weird going on with paypal right now?
    [/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal issues - error emails (6) & operation time out on two diff stores.

"couldn't resolve host" means that *your* server (using CURL at the time) couldn't find an address for the PayPal server specified by the name shown.
    Thus it was unable to even attempt to begin communications to commence a transaction.

You'll have to have your hosting company fix their name-resolution problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.