Plugin Contributions

red flag How to delete Cache Directory? Godaddy File Manager failed due to Cache size

Originally Posted by sandy_nbp
    Hi,
    Recently I came accross below issues and don't find any link to them in this forum.
    1) I have ecommerce zencart 1.3.8a on goaddy, Linux platform. Recently I got SSL from goaddy and enabled for Home page only.
    (https://www.....com)
    2) My goaddy File Manager is hung forever and as per GODADDY, its due to BIG SIZE of cache file.
    "File Manager not loading properly. It is due to the extremely large amount of files that are currently uploaded to the server.

In particular...
    38866 ./cache
    43410 ./cache/cache
    43636 ./gnhf_orig/cache
    3) I can't able to find this file details from "FTP client and can't able to delete". N
    Now I am stuck, File Manager doesn't work and I don't know how to clean "CACHE" file from FTP or other way of deleting.

Please help, my URL 'http://www.gnhealthfoods.com"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to delete Cache Directory? Godaddy File Manager failed due to Cache size

a. In your Admin->Configuration->Logging, what are all your settings?
    If anything's set to true, change it to false. Which ones did you have to change?

b. This script will delete all *.log and *.sql files in your ./cache folder. That may make your FTP or File Manager tool able to display what's left. But this will only help if it was Zen Cart that created the extra files in your ./cache folder in the first place. If something else made them, then you'll have to work with GD support for more specific detail.

Paste the following into notepad:
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * delete all *.log and *.sql files from the ./cache folder
     */
    $thePath = './cache/';
    echo '<br />Locating and deleting *.log and *.sql files from this folder: ' . $thePath . '<br />';
    $counter = 0;
    if ($theDir = @dir($thePath)) {
      while ($theFile = $theDir->read()) {
        if (is_file($thePath . $theFile)) {
          if (preg_match('/\.sql$/', $theFile) > 0 || preg_match('/\.log$/', $theFile) > 0) {
            echo '<br />Removing file: ' . $thePath . $theFile;
            unlink($thePath . $theFile);
            $counter++;
          }
        }
      }
      $theDir->close();
    }
    unset($theDir, $theFile);
    echo ($counter == 0) ? '<br />No files found matching the criteria.' : '<br />Done';
    Save the file as "empty_cache.php" and upload it to your server ... into the same folder as your ./cache folder exists.
    Then point your browser to it ... ie: instead of typing www.your_domain.com/index.php, type www.your_domain.com/empty_cache.php
    BEWARE ... THERE ARE NO SAFETIES ON THIS ... IT WILL JUST DO ITS DELETES WITHOUT WARNINGS.
    Be sure to delete the empty_cache.php file from your server when you're done.

Make a note of any output it shows in your browser ... it'd be interesting to know the filenames it finds.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to delete Cache Directory? Godaddy File Manager failed due to Cache size

First of all my Lots of Thanks" Dr Byte for quick response and sending script. I run it today and found some issue :
    1) When I run on orignal installation sub folder "gnhf_orig"/empty_cache.php, it worked and following output came
    "
    Locating and deleting *.log and *.sql files from this folder: ./cache/

Removing file: ./cache/zcInstallExceptionDetails_Mar-16-2008_04-46.log
    Removing file: ./cache/zcInstallLog_Mar-16-2008_04.log
    "
    2) When I run from root (Which is my current Zcart and I made this after moving stuff from earlier sub folder)
    Followin outcome:
    --->
    "Locating and deleting *.log and *.sql files from this folder: ./cache/

No files found matching the criteria.
    <--

Looks like problem reamins there about loading "GD -File Manager utility.

Question:
    1)IS there any other DB cache stored at query time? If yes then how I can remove that?
    2) Does ZCart load all products at runtime in cache at startup of server or it brings each time and store query only?
    3) Where to look for LOG Files on GD server (Except CGI admin) to look Linux logs (like Unix system we see syslogs"

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Any suggestion which hosting site is good with respect to
    1) Speed with around 200 items, during peak hours (M-F --> 9:00 - 5:00 When mostly shared hosting start craping)?
    2) Who has good technical support?
    3) How comlex is hanling Zcart virtual dedicated server (In place of shared) ? MEans how much overhead of admin work.
    Any suggestions (In comparision to GD)
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can find recommended hosting services by clicking the "Certified Hosts" link at the top of this page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.