Plugin Contributions

Default Affiliate program...of sorts, dont know what to call this.

Hello Again, i have been tasked by another client of mine!

My client has multiple websites for friends and family of theirs that all links to HIS business. What happens is that besides his family and friends (all over the US) having to deal with product he maintains all the shipping, money, orders, and processing.

He has expressed that logging into each site individually is very tedious as he just added a 12th site.

What i want to do is have MULTIPLE sites all linking to one paypal (unchangable, if possible to hinder any fraud attempts)

Everytime one site has a sale, another site, being zen-cart, or a whole different program made entirely for tracking and databasing each sale, logs the information in a very readable and safe manner. (mysql prefferably)

I dont know to what extent i have explained what i am looking for, i am fully capable of coding it myself, that is why i am not sure if i am clear on what i want. I just dont want to spend a week or 3 days without sleep to reinvent the wheel!! lol. So heres a simplified version of what i want it to work like.

Apple is the big company.
    Apple controls MANY other sites with other names.
    Green and Yellow are two of those sites.

When a customer visits Green, and purchases a whomperdinger ON THE GREEN SITE, Apple gets the money, and information from the store (storeid, itemlist, total amount sold) So green's job is done, and now apple just has to package and ship the order. And once the transaction is complete, Apple wants a DETAILED account of what the store sold to compensate the store on a per item basis.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ksumter; 26 Jul 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Affiliate program...of sorts, dont know what to call this.

Believe me, if you write this, you won't be re-inventing anything.

The payment part is easy - you can use one PayPal account with multiple websites.

There are two commercial programs that I know of that connect Zencart to Quickbooks (Google 'zencart' 'quickbooks'). At least one allows as many sites as you want to buy licenses for (not cheap) - this might be a solution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Affiliate program...of sorts, dont know what to call this.

Hi Ksumter,

Did you find or write a solution for your "affiliate program"? I have the same need and would love to talk with you further. Please contact me via email: spiraljeff_at_yahoo.com.

Thanks!