Plugin Contributions

red flag Problem with html emails - no html.

Hi! I am trying to have my store to send html emails, but I get only plain text. I've checked the admin-email options. The mime html is set to "true". How do I get the store to send html? Please help!!!
    Zen-cart 1.3.8a
    www.api.kharkov.ua

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with html emails - no html.

Are your customers getting text only emails or is it just your admin email address getting text? There was a glitch for some that they have to create an account with their admin email and set it to the HTML option to get the admin emails received in HTML....that's what happened with me lol, and I hope that is the solution for you too
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. No customers, nor admin can recieve html in my case. I've checked it. Where did you have to create email account? Are you talking about just any email service (like gmail, yahoo, etc) or is it within zen cart that I need to create an account?
    Zen-cart 1.3.8a
    www.api.kharkov.ua

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What languages is your store running in?
    What's the default language?
    What language is active when you're trying to send those emails?
    Do you have any email templates set up for your specific language?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...lish_Languages

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by elgar View Post
    Thanks for the reply. No customers, nor admin can recieve html in my case. I've checked it. Where did you have to create email account? Are you talking about just any email service (like gmail, yahoo, etc) or is it within zen cart that I need to create an account?
    No I meant create an account on your store using the same email address all admin emails are sent to, I had to do that to get all emails sent to my address in HTML format....but it doesn't sound as if this was your problem anyway....good luck with getting it fixed :)
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What languages is your store running in?
    What's the default language?
    What language is active when you're trying to send those emails?
    Do you have any email templates set up for your specific language?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...lish_Languages
    Thank you very much! I do use russian as my default language. I've read the wiki, and added "/email/ru" and now it works!!!

I just can't get rid of zen-cart logo and "copyright by zen" in my emails. How can I do that? I've deleted the "header.jpg" in my email folder, but I still can't get rid of it. What do I do?
    Zen-cart 1.3.8a
    www.api.kharkov.ua

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by elgar View Post
    I just can't get rid of zen-cart logo and "copyright by zen" in my emails. How can I do that? I've deleted the "header.jpg" in my email folder, but I still can't get rid of it. What do I do?
    1. The logo is probably cached by your email program. Clear the email program's cache, and/or refresh the page by pressing F5 or CTRL+R while reading one of your emails, and see what happens. Sometimes restarting your email program is necessary in order to clear the cache.

2. The copyright text is found in your language files. It's best to use the Developers Toolkit to find all occurrences of the copyright text you want to remove, and then make the appropriate adjustments ... usually in your various email_extras.php files.
    Related FAQs:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. The logo is probably cached by your email program. Clear the email program's cache, and/or refresh the page by pressing F5 or CTRL+R while reading one of your emails, and see what happens. Sometimes restarting your email program is necessary in order to clear the cache.

2. The copyright text is found in your language files. It's best to use the Developers Toolkit to find all occurrences of the copyright text you want to remove, and then make the appropriate adjustments ... usually in your various email_extras.php files.
    Related FAQs:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39
    DrByte, thanks a lot! I have fixed everything I needed. I am really happy now.
    Zen-cart 1.3.8a
    www.api.kharkov.ua