Plugin Contributions

help question New products for [Month]

Our installation doesn't differentiate new products added in any particular month. We have a list at the bottom of the page that currently says "New Products For September" but some of the products listed there were added before September.

How do I make it only show products actually added in any given month.

Our site was put up by an independent contractor and his support/interest level dropped off after he got it put up (and he got the big check!). He takes weeks to answer emails and weeks to fix things, so it's now up to me to get things done. I'm not a programmer, but can follow instructions fairly well.

If anyone would like to take a look at our site and offer comments and suggestions, I'm all ears... or eyes!

TIA,
    Last edited by jbthomasfl; 17 Sep 2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: changed URL
    Jim Thomas www.tropicalsoul.com; Zen Cart v. 1.3.8a; Linux; PHP Version: 5.2.17; Database: MySQL 5

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New products for [Month]

Quote Originally Posted by jbthomasfl View Post
    Our installation doesn't differentiate new products added in any particular month. We have a list at the bottom of the page that currently says "New Products For September" but some of the products listed there were added before September.

How do I make it only show products actually added in any given month.

Our site was put up by an independent contractor and his support/interest level dropped off after he got it put up (and he got the big check!). He takes weeks to answer emails and weeks to fix things, so it's now up to me to get things done. I'm not a programmer, but can follow instructions fairly well.

If anyone would like to take a look at our site and offer comments and suggestions, I'm all ears... or eyes!

TIA,
    Check admin -> configuration -> Maximum Values -> New Product Listing - Limited to ...

You can edit this for the following options

Limit the New Product Listing to
    0= All Products
    1= Current Month
    7= 7 Days
    14= 14 Days
    30= 30 Days
    60= 60 Days
    90= 90 Days
    120= 120 Days

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New products for [Month]

Check admin -> configuration -> Maximum Values -> New Product Listing - Limited to ...

Thanks so much! I knew it had to be fairly simple. Now I need to go surf the boards for other things we need to do, like add the GoDaddy SSL certificate, add a box on the landing page for special offers to collect email addresses, and find out why some images put up a huge image on mouseover and some don't display an image at all.
    Jim Thomas www.tropicalsoul.com; Zen Cart v. 1.3.8a; Linux; PHP Version: 5.2.17; Database: MySQL 5