Plugin Contributions

Default Still cannot find a way to add text

I still cannot find the way to add text to the one and only check out page that I have. If I have a template file,I can not find it, I can't find any template files. I would like to add text in the check out area just before the submit cart button. Thanks!
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Still cannot find a way to add text

Add some stuff to your cart and navigate to the checkout page where you would like to add text to. Copy a phrase or wording that is significant to that page only.

Now go to Admin > Tools > Developers Tool Kit and paste the copied wording into the relevant search facility. I use the "Look-up in all files" found right at the bottom. Now select "All Files - Catalogue/Admin" in the drop down menu in "All Files Look-ups:"

Click the "search" button and you will see all files on your installation that contain the unique phrase you copied and pasted above.

Open the file(s) in your editor and add the desired text. Make sure you have a backup of the page(s) before you make any changes.

Frank

www.frnt.org/zencart

Plugin Contributions

I did as suggested and it shows the unique phrase that I know is only on the check out page in all of the catalog admin categories. Language, Function, Classes, Template Files. So I still do not know where to go when I go to define editor??
    Sandy
    my site url is: www.scrapsake.com and I would welcome any help someone can give to me. The reason this is so important is that it is shipping and pricing information. I have it on my sidebar for shipping but need it right above the submit button. I am charging actualy weight and destination but unless they read that in the shipping side bar, they won't know what they are paying for shipping.
    Thanks,
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sandy2000ca View Post
    I did as suggested and it shows the unique phrase that I know is only on the check out page in all of the catalog admin categories. Language, Function, Classes, Template Files. So I still do not know where to go when I go to define editor??
    Sandy
    my site url is: www.scrapsake.com and I would welcome any help someone can give to me. The reason this is so important is that it is shipping and pricing information. I have it on my sidebar for shipping but need it right above the submit button. I am charging actualy weight and destination but unless they read that in the shipping side bar, they won't know what they are paying for shipping.
    Thanks,
    Sandy
    In admin, use TOOLS>>DEFINE PAGE EDITOR

On the drop down box pick define_checkout_success
    Edit away...
    You should also see other define pages here..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sandy2000ca View Post
    The reason this is so important is that it is shipping and pricing information. I have it on my sidebar for shipping but need it right above the submit button. I am charging actualy weight and destination but unless they read that in the shipping side bar, they won't know what they are paying for shipping.
    sorry for the double post... missed reading the bottom of your note...

For the button areas, each page has a define, you should copy them to your template folder...
    /includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/checkout_confirmation.php

Look for something like 'CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE' this is the text at the bottom near the continual buttons.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

It is the page just prior to check out success, that is the one I cannot find. I have tried page 2 and page 3 but it doesn't work.
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, but that brings me back to my intial problem, I cannot find any template files. Would you be able to help me find them? I really don't know alot about any of this but have read SO much of the tutorials.
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

includes/languages/english/checkout_confirmation.php

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I'll have to go through my web host. I have ftp and my username etc. but do not know exactly where to put it.
    Sandy