Plugin Contributions

Default Simple google analytics- help

I have followed the instructions and have done everything, but I obviously did something wrong.

This is currently what I did: I extracted the simple google analytics zipped folder and uploaded the 2 folders "admin" and "includes" into:

/includes/templates/classic/

AND into:

/includes/templates/template_default

I am using the default template (Classic Green). Currently the admin and includes folders sit under these two directories.

After re-reading the instructions numerous times, I see a google analytics.php file name. Where do I get this from and create it?

All help is greatly appreciated! Lynn

http://www.PetHerbalRemedies.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple google analytics- help

When you put your mouse over the Configuration menu in Admin do you see the Google Analytics Configuration listed?

If not you probably did not install the googleanalytics-INSTALL.sql . To do that you use the INSTALL SQL PATCHES from the TOOLS menu in admin.

Did you also perform step 3 of the installation instructions?
    3. At the bottom of /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php
    Copy and paste the following lines of code (found below) just before the </body> tag:

<?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>

I can tell you that it took me awhile to get my sites setup correctly using Google Analytics, but the PDF book I ended up purchasing at http://www.zencartoptimization.com/c...gle-analytics/ helped me tremendously and I still have plenty of hair to pull out for my next project.
    Thomas Brophy

Plugin Contributions

Hi New Zenner

Thanks for responding. My answers are: Yes I do show Google Analytics configured and I've entered my code. Also I did add the code to the just before "body" tag of my page. Any other ideas? When I source my home page there seems to be no indication of google analytics. I'm missing something or it's in the wrong folder or something else. Ugh!

I also own the book (that's a tremendous help)!

Please let me know if you have any more thoughts. And thanks again for replying! Lynn

http://www.PetHerbalRemedies.com

Plugin Contributions

Are you using the full Google Analytics Account # in the Zen Cart Admin > CONFIGURATION > Google Analytics Configuration screen? Example: UA-4563307705-9

When I first setup the configuration I was missing the -9 on the end of the example.

What I found was that while in Google Analytics screen (Edit Account and Data Sharing Settings ) it shows the account as UA-4563307705, but what you really need is the full account# with the -9. Again these numbers I am using the example above.

To confirm this log into Google Analytics, under the settings column click on the EDIT link. On this page there is a Receiving Data Check Status link. Click on that to see the full account #. It will show up in the code.
    Thomas Brophy

Plugin Contributions

Thanks TJB
    I had made the same mistake.
    John