Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Admin Page After Installation - Hosted on Godaddy

Might want to clear the cache.

Works for me.

Plugin Contributions

Good news, I finally found the problem.

There's nothing wrong with Zen Cart's configuration file in admin folder. It is just because a PHP config file (php.ini) issue.

Before I decided to use Zen Cart, I have actually tried out osCommerce and Magento application. Magento, which needed to change the php.ini to php5.ini during installation on Godaddy hosting (Godaddy's problem again!)
    (magen tocom merce.com/wiki/groups/227/error/no_input_file_specified). However, I didn't expect the change of php.ini will caused so many issues.

For those facing the same problem as me and website hosted on Godaddy (if you ensure all the above configuration and setting are correct and no file is corrupted/0 byte), you may create a php file with the content <?php phpinfo(); ?> to check your php configuration whether is correct. The information of "Loaded Configuration File" in php should be "/web/conf/php5.ini" instead of "/home/content/d/o/m/domainname/html/php5.ini". And below is the standard content in php.ini:

register_globals = off
    allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
    max_input_time = 60
    variables_order = "EGPCS"
    extension_dir = ./
    upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
    precision = 12
    SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
    url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
    zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
    zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

I hope the above information does help.

Nonetheless, thanks for all your help and information. I support Zen Cart all the way!

Best Regards,
    Kenny
    Last edited by hikenny; 19 Sep 2008 at 10:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got GoneDaddy working.

Plugin Contributions

I've got the same or similar problem. attempting to modify the template to reflect something more conforming to my site products I totally screwed the installation up. so i re-installed after uninstalling and upon accessing the admin/categories list I am confronted with the regular page mostly but there are no buttons visible to modify either the "status" or the "actions" also no "update" button either on that page or and others in the admin area.
    there is some fine print between the header and the categories area that reads left to right
    "legend: status:off status:on linked Product: Meta tags defined
    yes:no

I admit to this being my first experience with shopping carts and php but I KNOW I would've seen something that would enable me to turn on and off the admin area function tools.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Blank Admin Page After Installation - Hosted on Godaddy

Quote Originally Posted by hikenny View Post
    Good news, I finally found the problem.

There's nothing wrong with Zen Cart's configuration file in admin folder. It is just because a PHP config file (php.ini) issue.

Before I decided to use Zen Cart, I have actually tried out osCommerce and Magento application. Magento, which needed to change the php.ini to php5.ini during installation on Godaddy hosting (Godaddy's problem again!)
    (magen tocom merce.com/wiki/groups/227/error/no_input_file_specified). However, I didn't expect the change of php.ini will caused so many issues.
    Hey Kenny,

Thanks so much for posting the solution - I had the exact same issues (previously installed magento on shared godaddy hosting) and your post saved my day! Thanks for taking the time to post the complete issue and solution!
    Liz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Admin Page After Installation - Hosted on oneandone

can any one help i have installed zencart did not come up with any problems when it finished i pressed the admin button but it just comes up with a ie screen saying can not display page i have read other stuff on this problem but nothing has fixed this

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I am experiencing the same blank page problem when I have loaded zencart successfully before.
    It was when I adjust the permissions that things go wrong.
    I've tried about 8 times. takes ages. My host is helpful but I now have to contact them again for the 3rd time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The FAQ area is full of articles dealing with Frequently Asked Questions, such as this.

Try step 2a of this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have the exact same issue on GoDaddy shared hosting. But, they told me they will not put my php5.ini file in the /web/conf/ directory - it can only be in my site root.

Kenny, how did you get GoDaddy to fix this for you? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

For me, there was no problem with the godaddy install of 1.3.8a; however, the php.ini issue is not specific to ZC; it comes into play with other applications/scripts that may want to interact with ZC.

After verifying your version of PHP as referenced by hikenny 19th September 2008, 11:15 PM (post 12), create/modify php.ini in the root if you are running PHP4 or create/modify php5.ini in the root if you are running PHP5.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast