Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Admin Page After Installation - Hosted on Godaddy

Quote Originally Posted by swinton View Post
    For me, there was no problem with the godaddy install of 1.3.8a; however, the php.ini issue is not specific to ZC; it comes into play with other applications/scripts that may want to interact with ZC.

After verifying your version of PHP as referenced by hikenny 19th September 2008, 11:15 PM (post 12), create/modify php.ini in the root if you are running PHP4 or create/modify php5.ini in the root if you are running PHP5.

This is still not making sense, I changed the php.ini to php5.ini physically. Is that what I am suppose to do? Am i suppose to change anything in the actual file? It looks the same as what is in the file text produced from hikenny above. Where am I going wrong here?

Most of what was explained just is not making sense to me. What am I suppose to do with this php.ini file? Is this the reason why I am not being able to log in into the admin area? I have GoDaddy and lynx on it, and have never installed any type of shopping cart on it, so if that matters any please let me know. I am sorry if this is sounding stupid, but explanation can be the key and it is not being explained in a way that I am able to understand.

Appreciate any help on this matter as I am really wanting to utilize zencart, but does no good if if it does not work for me.

Thanks,
    Jay

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jamvan View Post
    This is still not making sense, I changed the php.ini to php5.ini physically. Is that what I am suppose to do? Am i suppose to change anything in the actual file? It looks the same as what is in the file text produced from hikenny above. Where am I going wrong here?

Most of what was explained just is not making sense to me. What am I suppose to do with this php.ini file? Is this the reason why I am not being able to log in into the admin area? I have GoDaddy and lynx on it, and have never installed any type of shopping cart on it, so if that matters any please let me know. I am sorry if this is sounding stupid, but explanation can be the key and it is not being explained in a way that I am able to understand.

Appreciate any help on this matter as I am really wanting to utilize zencart, but does no good if if it does not work for me.

Thanks,
    Jay
    I'm having the same issue, I really need help with this if someone has a clue and a more detailed explanation!!

Plugin Contributions

Godaddy users - here is something that worked perfect for me:

geraelindsey.com/zencart-1-3-8-tutorials/how-to-install-zencart-at-godaddy

Very simple and is available through Godaddy directly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123