Plugin Contributions

Default Adding a new payment method: quote-only

I'd like to set up an entirely new payment method entitled "QUOTE ONLY" that doesn't prompt my visitors for any additional information, but simply enters a quote they are able to keep until a later time.

It doesn't appear as thought we can edit (in 1.3.8) the name of the payment method, or else I'd use COD, and charge $0, and disable all related fees.

Is it possible to ADD a payment type? I've been asking my customers to simply use "Check/Money Order" since it accomplishes the same thing, but it fouls my accounting, as I can't filter out "quotes" placed from actual orders.

If I could create/import a new payment method, I would set the order status to "QUOTE ONLY" which would allow me to filter it out.

Of course, if this is possible now, it will still require me to go back into the site to "convert" the quote to an order, or re-enter it from scratch, using the appropriate method of payment at that time.

BTW - I operate a printed media store, so most people have to submit an "order", upload their artwork, and then give me their final approval of their proof before I charge their credit card or accept a check from them.

A quote function would allow them to begin the process, knowing payment will be due upon teir approval of the proof...

Does anyone have any advice?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a new payment method

One option if using a CC gateway is to not charge the CC but only authorize it. Status would be pending...

You can alter the title of say COD and/or clone it renaming to Quote if this works for you
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a new payment method: quote-only

I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me