Plugin Contributions

Default Import customer info from Quick Books

Is it possible to import customer info from Quick Books into my Zen customer database? I haven't installed the QB plug in yet but thought I might ask ahead of time.
    Thanks,
    Ron

I can export a text file and an excel spread sheet from QB.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Import customer info from Quick Books

Quote Originally Posted by BlacksmithRon View Post
    Is it possible to import customer info from Quick Books into my Zen customer database? I haven't installed the QB plug in yet but thought I might ask ahead of time.
    Thanks,
    Ron

I can export a text file and an excel spread sheet from QB.
    Good Morning,

I do know that you can import CSV files into ZC, though you may have to adjust the column locations, if ZC does have a "Match" feature ? But I did a couple of test runs for importing CSV based product into ZC before I reloaded and became serious on a final run at setting up the store.

Good Luck.

Plugin Contributions

There are some Product import plug ins avaialble but I need to import customers into ZC. I believe thats a big differance.

It seems to me that if I can save my data base as a CSV I may be able to insert my customer CSV data directly into the CSV database and resave it. But I really don't know what I talking about here. I'm trying to save having to manually input several hundred customers info into ZC.

Thoughts anyone?
    Thanks,
    Ron
    www.teachingtapes.net

Plugin Contributions

Hello Ron,

I am running up a Master SC System which I am including QB Pro 2007 as the tie-in. I had one customer in postion, and, like everything else, if it is going to fail, I don't want a lot of effort to go out the window with it.

BUT, encouraging news... 2007 Pro has a feature, within the customers section, to allow you to Export to several formats of Excel, including CSV. In looking at the file, more than ample information is available for your importation purposes, including, if you use them, the customers Resale #, ship to, billing status, etc.

I have attached the file, stripped down to the Header Only info, so that you can at least see what is available with no forced efforts on my part. It helped me to know this too, so thank you for the inquiry, hopefully this will also help others too ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Import customer info from Quick Books

Hi Guys

Sorry to interupt in on your conversation, but I have been trying to figure out a way of importing customers from zen-cart into quickbooks pro 2008. The qbi module does not work with the uk version of quickbooks, but if the CSV works to export from quickbooks into zen, then should this work the other way around - have any of you tried this and how did you get on?

I am currently adding about 10 customers a week into quckbooks manually, I would appreciate any help here if possible.

Thanks,

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Default !! Export customer info to Quick Books

Hello - I just did a quick check, bu by no means, an expert to the ZC System, but I have yet to find an internal, Admin feature that allows exporting, period ? Maybe the QBI, though it may not interlink, it does provided the IIF's that should be capable of import into QB ? This should stir some feedback from others.. good luck, if I discover something, I'll get back to you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I am too stuck for a solution. I'd thought about a SQL query to select items from different tables and then export that as a csv file, but I haven't figured it out yet. What do you think?

Phil

Plugin Contributions

It seems we have two different threads going here. Importing QB customers into Zen and importng Zen customers into QB.

I use the QBI mod in my bussiness and it works very well but it only seems to export products into zen and allow Zen customers and sales to be imported into QB (US version).
    Although if you look at Adms website he talks about supporting other version soon.

I know that I can create a CSV file of my customer info and I know I can create a CSV version of the Zen databas. I just don't know if I can insert the QB/CSV data and resave the database back in a way Zen/my sites database can use.

I don't know anything really about databases but someone here does. Perhaps they would be so kind as to enlighten us.

The answer could solve both problems.
    Thanks,
    Ron