Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion My tax is showing two descriptions: GST Tax 5% then also it mentions FL Tax 5%

Hi,

I want to apply GST tax only on my products. I dont know what wrong I am doing. I have properly set the Zone Definitions, tax Classes and Tax rates and applied it to each product.

But when checking out in step two it shows me FL TAX 5.0% ionstead of GST Tax 5.0% I tried deleting the zone lorida FL hoping it might delete the zone - with no positive result.

Plz help me out.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring Taxes for Canadian Sites/Zones

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ims View Post
    But when checking out in step two it shows me FL TAX 5.0% ionstead of GST Tax 5.0%
    That's coming from the description in your Tax Rate (not the zone)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanx for replying. i checked out the description for Tax rates - it says GST and not FL. What could be the reason the, that I am getting FL Tax instead of GST Tax?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The description in the default tax rate that came pre-installed is "FL TAX 7.0%". Change it to whatever you desire.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

As I mentioned, I have already changed the Description in tax rate to GST Tax 5% then also it mentions FL Tax 5%

Plz help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't know how you're getting that. Do you have multiple tax rates configured to the same zones for some reason?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

No I have just one Tax Rate appplicable - GST 5%

I am getting quite worried now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My tax is showing two descriptions: GST Tax 5% then also it mentions FL Tax 5%

You probably deleted an old tax class or tax zone before deleting the tax rate, and therefore have a hidden tax rate that you can't edit or delete.

What version of Zen Cart are you using?