Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes, Options and Values puzzle

In the store I am configuring, I am trying to sell images. Each image has two choices - photographic prints or fine art prints. Each of those has several sizes available, with fine art prints costing more than photographic prints. But all of the sizes for photographic prints are NOT available for fine art prints.

I current have it set up as follows:
    Option names:
    Photographic
    Fine Art
    Values:
    Various sizes associated with Photographic prints
    Various sizes associated with Fine Art Prints

The list of available sizes displays as two groups of radio buttons but the shopper is able to select one within each group. I want shoppers to only be able to select one out of either group.

I originally setup the store so that Photographic and Fine Art were two separate categories but my client wanted to see all options listed with each image. They don't want to use a drop-down list.

How can I efficiently setup these products within ZenCart so that the shopper doesn't "double select" items?
    Does anyone have an example of products that have a similar situation? The only similar example I could thing of is T-shirts that aren't available in all sizes/all colors. Is there another way of doing it that I may have overlooked? I'ved tried it a few different ways already.

Here is a link to what I've done so far...

http://lomaxhistoriceditions.com/ind...products_id=11

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes, Options and Values puzzle

I set up a similar site some time ago selling giclee prints, and the originals thereof.

The only way to manage this is to have each image choice set up as a separate product, so you have a category called Fine Art Prints, and another category called Photographic Prints.

Each image has 2 PRODUCT alternatives. One product type lives in Fine Art category. The other lives in Photographics

Then you set up attributes for each individual product.

Sadly, ZC does not (yet) have the capability for field verification (ie: the options on one set of fields is governed by the choices selected in other fields).