Plugin Contributions

Default Can I install zencart locally for page creation 1st?

I'm getting pretty tired of waiting for the server to open and close my files is there a way to install it on my local machine to work with the templates etc? the tutorials said to use my browser and type in the address "http://localhost/directory/zc-install" but that didn t'work either.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I install zencart locally for page creation 1st?

Do you have a webserver set up on your local machine?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

not that i'm aware of......

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by surefiremedia View Post
    not that i'm aware of......
    ZenCart requires php,apache and mysql on your home
    computer..see
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61069

Plugin Contributions

Great Thread! I wonder...
    in the thread by brian58 he says that he chose to run php & mysql as a service.
    my host runs "php as a cgi program" my concern is this.
    if i set up my local machine as a web server in the same nature as brian58 has. when I'm creating new templates and adding my images and text and then saving them to the different directories and uploading them to replace the server side directories. wil they work the same as locally?
    or is there a way to run php as a cgi locally too?

and can someone explain to me why my posts topics are not bold like everyone else?

just a reflection:
    They say we should savor childhood while we can. I say to savor childhood as a child would be evidence of awareness of the difference between the two. Adulthood / childhood. Which would 1st require experience as an adult in turn frustrating the child whom has not yet acquired the skills of adulthood. Hence another dependent of the state being fed multiple pharmacuticals to correct the schizophrenia and bipolar seeming tendencies.

Plugin Contributions

Zencart with php as cgi..thread at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82464

Plugin Contributions

Thanks misty,

that one is informative although I'm not sure if it applies to a local machine.... although if its a local set up as as a "server" i guess it would. my apologies sometimes I have to talk, or type in this case to see the trees within the forest.

i'm off to experience servertude. I'll post my results. in a couple hours, couple minutes? we'll see how fast the bell curve is tonight!!

Shhhhurefire

short history: I wanted a site for my banner printing.and I hate to pay for something so available and challenging.so I created my first site HERE first day with html. THEN i looked at others and created 2nd site HERE realized i didn't have a pay method and found out that after all that work and perfecting and trimming and reworking and u know!
    i would have to learn someone elses program and PHP script language and build yet another site using it all. its taking a very long time to figure it all out but i'm getting there. if I don't go broke before finishing I just might generate some income.!