Plugin Contributions

Default 'Define Pages Editor' Problem

Hi. I've been using 'Define Pages Editor' for months with no problems. Now, though, when I make changes to 'define_page_2.php' through to page_4 and the main_page, and then click 'save' as usual, nothing happens. The amends appear on the 'Define Pages Editor' screen but the web pages themselves remain unchanged. I've experimented with adding Products and Categories and there's no problems there, so it seems to be specific to 'Define Pages Editor'. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 'Define Pages Editor' Problem

Did you create your template overrides folders? If so, are you saving the defines pages to them? You need to make a copy of your defines page you are editing and place it in your overrides folder. That is the one you will make changes to.

Plugin Contributions

Check the permissions for the Define Pages directory - it needs to 777 (read write execute) for editing and saving, then the permissions need to be tightened after editing for safety.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim, Daneh, Many thanks for your help. I'll look into your suggestions. Thanks again!