Plugin Contributions

Default Activate International Shipping/Customer Addresses

Hi,

I have searched through the forum & FAQs for an answer to my problem but couldn't locate another post that is like my situation. (I'm sorry if someone else has already posted this but I couldn't find it!)

I have a website based in Australia. When I originally set up my Zen Cart store, I got a programmer to configure the Customer Details section of checkout to show only Australian states and to not show the country list that was previously present & to simply default it to Australia.

We have since found that a lot of our potential customers are coming from overseas and we want to change the settings back to allow all countries to fill out an order and checkout.

I have checked through admin to see if there is a way of fixing it but couldn't find anything.

Does anybody know where I change this information back to it's original settings with all countries listed & states/provinces?

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Activate International Shipping/Customer Addresses

It is likely that your previous programmer REMOVED all the other countries from the database. In doing so, he/she may have also removed zones associated with those countries.

If you are skilled in phpMyAdmin, you can use SQL queries to re-insert country and zone info. As there is a lot of dbase cross-referencing, however, you may be better off doing this manually.

I imagine that you're unlikely to sell stuff to people in Zimbabwe, Iran, Bolivia, etc... so a manual input of country data is probably a better option.

Based on your judgement of what countries hold business potential for you, add only those countries that are relevant.

Start by accessing the ISO codes for the countries you want. You will need both the ALPHA-2 and ALPHA-3 codes, so try these links to get the codes:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-3

Put them in a list that you can print out.

Next, in your ZC Admin panel, go to the LOCATIONS/TAXES dropdown and click the COUNTRIES link.

Click "New Country", and then add each country you want.

When set up, you may need to add zones - particularly since you will need to configure your shipping settings and rules for all those new places you've added.

But before we tackle shipping, get your countries inserted into the dbase...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for your reply.

I'm not particularly skilled in phpMyAdmin or any programming but am learning as I go. I checked the phpMyAdmin area under 'countries' and all appear to still be present. In admin, I can see that all countries are still listed under LOCATIONS/TAXES, then COUNTRIES link.

I suppose it may be a matter of changing a setting somewhere in the admin to allow all countries to appear in the customer details at checkout but I am not sure where this is.

Would you be able to tell me if there is something I have missed or where to change this setting if all countries are already listed in the database?

Thanks!

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

If all the countries are still present, then you need to link them to existing ZONES (or create new ZONES), in order for you to then be able to assign shipping formats.

If you examine your existing zone (for Australia), you should be able to figure out how to add new zones.

There is help in the tutorials and wiki (I think) - and a lot of posts about this.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, great. I will check the Wiki & test out some options. Thanks so much for your help!