Plugin Contributions

Default Help deleted configuration part of sql database but made a backup...

I am testing stuff with my zen cart so i decided to backup my sql database for the first time. I went to phpadmin and exported ALL my databases to my hard drive. Then just to test like a IDIOT lol I deleted the configuration database from zen cart through phpadmin. Now i can't restore it... I get all kinds of errors like database already exists, access denied and so forth. All I did was go to phpadmin and restore then selected the file. Now On my site i have this error

Code:
    1146 Table 'stxmill_zencart.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]
    I know what i did and have a backup just not sure how to get it back. Please any help... this site needs to be complete in less than two weeks and now i have NOTHING!

http://www.wpc-consulting.com/~stxmill

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help deleted configuration part of sql database but made a backup...

OK i reinstalled zen cart on a test site and looked at the database in phpmyadmin. I went to configuration on the left frame and deleted the configuration_id from the right frame to test. That is what I am missing from my other server which is giving me this error. How can i get this back. I see the type says int(11) I believe on my other server it said like 15 or something but wouldn't i be able to just restore this one file or database?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help deleted configuration part of sql database but made a backup...

Well I figured out that just removing that little piece from the database isn't what shut the entire site down. Before I posted the message and after i deleted the database I talked with my host to see why my backup wasn't being restored. Well they said they tried to run my back up and in order to do that they had to remove the entire zen cart database. Now they said my database that i backed up had errors so they wanted me to pay $15 so they could restore it from one of the backups they made for me. Well i got all crazy with them and they did it for free. So I am back up but does anyone have ideas on how to "properly" backup and restore the phpmyadmin. I read documentation and followed it step by step but apparently I did something wrong!!