Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Trouble with Linkpoint

I was trying to test checkout on my shop using a credit card. I have the Linkpoint payment module installed. It's been working fine the last two years on my current live site (ZC 1.3.7).

This new site is...
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

http://thewindcutter.com/shop

Everything works okay until I click on "Confirm Order". I've been getting different errors. First something about zen_order_id, then 1054 Unknown column 'ordertype' in 'field list', next Fatal error: Call to undefined method sniffer::field_type().

Searching the forum after that sniffer error I found this post:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82084

and even though my ZC version is 1.3.8a, I decided to reupload, all the files mentioned in that post. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Linkpoint module. Now when I get all the way through checkout up to "Confirm Order" now this is the error I'm getting...

1054 Unknown column 'balance_due' in 'field list'
    in:
    [UPDATE orders SET balance_due = '10' WHERE orders_id = 3]

Can someone tell me what's going on?
    TheWindCutter.com
    Professional Microphone Windscreens
    Got wind noise? We've got you covered.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble with Linkpoint

This is strange.

I just noticed that I got emails from my attempt at a test order.

At the top of one email it says, "Order Number: 3-RqudPt"
    That's sort of a strange order number, isn't it?

I did not receive a "NEW ORDER" received email, but I got a "receipt" email from my site.

I also did get an email from Linkpoint "GATEWAY". I assume this means the payment went through. But, something is amiss.

Help?
    TheWindCutter.com

Plugin Contributions

Anyone know how to fix this?

This is delaying the launch of our new site.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    The order number is Linkpoint's order number. The 3 is your order number issued by Zencart and the remainder are Linkpoint generated characters.

Check you existing working site and you should see a similar order number scheme. You can also check your Linkpoint Central transaction reports and you will see that everything ahead of the dash matches your own order numbers.

The email that contained that number likely came form "Gateway".

Sorry, I can't help you with the errors, but don't think there is any problem with the order numbers.

Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply.

The email was from "GATEWAY" (LinkPoint). It was just odd because normally the order numbers look like this..

Order Number: XXXXXXXX-48DEDAE6-527-16E242 ( I put the Xs in)

I did get a couple emails with order numbers like that. With orders that I guess went through but ended at an error page.

Just now I thought to go to Admin and check to see if the orders showed up there. I noticed 2 orders "Pending". When I clicked to look at that I got this error...

Code:
    1054 Unknown column 'balance_due' in 'field list'
    in:
    [update orders set balance_due = '80.4' where orders_id = 2]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    I don't know what's going on. I have a backup of my site. I guess I'll try re-upping all the ZC files in case something got corrupted before.

I probably won't get to this for a couple hours so if anyone has a suggestion in the mean time, I'll check back before I go through with it.

Thanks,
    Rebekah
    TheWindCutter.com

Plugin Contributions

Apparently you are used to seeing an eight digit number ahead of the dash in the Linkpoint order number (you illustrated with eight X's) . That would indicate that your other Zencart is setup with 8 digit order numbers. If you want your new ZenCart to generate longer order numbers you just need to set your starting number to a eight digit number (mine was started with a 5 digit number ie: 10000). Since you already have started you can simply change it in admin-> tools-> Store Manager->. It is changed in the area labeled "Reset Current Order ID. Be sure to read the note and warning just below that entry.

Again, I can't help with the error messages..... so hopefully someone else can help with that.

Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Ron. I'll check into that. I appreciate you replying.
    TheWindCutter.com

Plugin Contributions

what modules are added to the files?
    looks like maybe super orders or some such was added to the files but never had the sql run
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    That's the order number generated by Zen Cart (v1.3.8 and newer), followed by a 6-letter random value that's submitted to Linkpoint by your Zen Cart store, to ensure that the number is always unique. The added random letters help eliminate any risk of duplicate order numbers being submitted, especially on very busy sites.
    It's nothing to worry about.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ronlee67 View Post
    Apparently you are used to seeing an eight digit number ahead of the dash in the Linkpoint order number (you illustrated with eight X's) . That would indicate that your other Zencart is setup with 8 digit order numbers. If you want your new ZenCart to generate longer order numbers you just need to set your starting number to a eight digit number (mine was started with a 5 digit number ie: 10000). Since you already have started you can simply change it in admin-> tools-> Store Manager->. It is changed in the area labeled "Reset Current Order ID. Be sure to read the note and warning just below that entry.
    Sorry, that's unrelated to the issue being discussed.
    The very long old order numbers were generated by Linkpoint because Zen Cart didn't send any order number prior to v1.3.8.
    There's no need to change your order number starting-number.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast