Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Email Accounts on different server than Website - can't send email

I have had to move our email accounts over to a different server due to the server that is currently hosting the website being blacklisted by the hotmail and msn servers. Now that I've moved my email accounts over, the zencart cannot send out emails for orders, contact us, etc.
    I have the send method set as php which is correct for the server that the email is on. I also have the smtp email host set with the IP address of the server that the email is on.
    What am I doing wrong? The zencart will not send out emails at all.
    Running: Zencart 1.3.8a
    PHP 4.4.8
    Server OS is Linux

Any Suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Accounts on different server than Website - can't send email

Use SMTPAUTH instead of "PHP" as the Email Transport method.
    Fill in all the SMTP settings with the mailbox/mailserver details of your actual mailserver.
    Any problems after doing that will have to be resolved by your server administrator since they're the ones who know what they've done to "move" the mail functionality.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

All that was done to Move my email accounts is they changed the mx records at their end. I sent them a support request and their reply was that they had moved my domain name from the list of local domains to remote ones.
    I changed the smtp email host to smtp and have all of the smtp settings setup for the host that the email accounts actually reside on and I still get an error message.
    What about other settings within the email options page? Should some of those be different?
    Here is what I currently have:

E-Mail Transport Method smtpauth
    E-Mail Linefeeds CRLF
    Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true
    Send E-Mails true
    Email Archiving Active? false
    E-Mail Friendly-Errors true
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you) [email protected]
    Email Address (sent FROM) [email protected]
    Emails must send from known domain? No
    Email Admin Format? TEXT
    Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>

SMTP Email Account Mailbox orders+tilvee.com
    SMTP Email Account Password ******
    SMTP Email Mail Host 74.220.202.35
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 26

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Salina13 View Post
    I changed the smtp email host to smtp and have all of the smtp settings setup for the host that the email accounts actually reside on and I still get an error message.
    It's always useful to know "what" the error message is ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Error Notice: FAILED to send Email to all recipients: [email protected] (0)

That is the message I get when I try to send an email while logged into admin. Is there some way to get a more specific error message so that I know which part of the configuration is incorrect?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are *all* outgoing emails failing? or just from that one admin page?

Plugin Contributions

Nothing is going out at all. Orders have been placed and we don't receive the order information email and the client doesn't receive their order confirmation email.
    its probably just a setting in the email options but I've been through every setting possible in there and its still not working.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you tried using port 25 instead of 26? While more and more hosts are using 26, it's not a universally-available option.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your webserver still thinks that it has email on the same server, it may mistakenly be routing everything through itself instead of through the newly-established server.
    Zen Cart just hands off the mail to the mailserver, and it's the mailserver that handles all the sending including looking up mx details etc.

I would recommend that your server administrator be the one to sort out your mail routing issues.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help. I'm still going back and forth with the host but they are not being very helpful. It sounds like I will be moving my zencart website to a different host.
    I will post a reply if I figure this out. I can't imagine that I'm the only one hosting my email and website on different servers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast