Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal recurring billing module for Website Payment Pro

I recently had a recurring billing system created utilizing Paypal Website Payments Pro, and since I am about to provide my customers with an expanded version of this module, I figured it might help some people providing it on the addons page.

All the instructions are included, and there is a installation instructions included. This works out of the box for Zencart 1.3.8, I have tested it. If you have any questions, please post them on this forum rather then email.

***broken link removed***
    Last edited by Kim; 18 Mar 2010 at 03:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal recurring billing module for Website Payment Pro

I just installed it as this is exactly what my client needs for subscriptions. But does this place recurring billing on all items in my clients' store. Or just specific ones? These are the items that should have recurring billing added:

http://www.granolagourmet.com/store/...=index&cPath=1

Plugin Contributions

The first step is to create the product, then you have a new drop down in the product details where you can select subscription. It is important that you enter a price of $0 in the product details page.

Once the product is made, and subsciption type selected, you would click on the subscriptions link in the upper navigation, and enter the details of the subscription, including the price. There is a drop down to select the product it will be associated with.

The one issue is this, in the checkout area, the price will be displayed as $0, and the actual price is displayed in the details area where attributes are listed. This is because of the recurring billing for paypal. If you enter the products price in the product details, and not the subsciption page, it will only bill the customer once.

Hope that answered the question.

Plugin Contributions

I must have done something wrong. I can't find this new dropdown anywhere. I'm in the Categories/Products area and clicked on New Product and I don't see any pulldown offering subscriptions. Am I in the right area?

Plugin Contributions

OK, it's working. Sort of. I filled out the form in the Subscriptions/Recurring area and got this SQL error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'd like us to send in the text box below.','0', 'Month', '0','','0')' at line 4
    in:
    [insert into zen_subscription (name, product_id, sub_price, billing_frequency, duration_in, sub_description, sub_trial_confirm, trial_billing_period1, trial_billing_frequency1, trial_amount1, trial_to_total_billing_cycles1) values ('Personal Subscription','11', '23.95', '12','Month','You receive 2 boxes of Granola Bars each month. Each box includes 10, 1.25 ounce Granola Bars. Each box in your shipment will be a different flavor unless you specify which flavors and quantities of those flavors you'd like us to send in the text box below.','0', 'Month', '0','','0')]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Another problem. Seems that on Checkout, I get this message:

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002)

We did set it up and now it doesn't work. Is it because I turned off the original PayPal Express Checkout area?

Plugin Contributions

There is a database upgrade in the folder that you will need to install. Make sure to check out the readme doc, and it explains how to update your tables. That is why you are receiving the sql error.

Hopefully sometime this week, I will have a screenshot tutorial on my site to help out with the installation.

JF

Plugin Contributions

You mean the info on Page 3 of the Word document? I did all that. Just checked it out in PHPmyAdmin and the row was added to zen_products and the two new tables, zen_subscription and zen_customer_subscription were also added with all necessary rows. So am I missing something here?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, you're not missing anything. The addon code just can't handle using apostrophes, which suggests it may also be vulnerable to SQL injection attempts.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I eliminated the apostrophes and the problem is gone. Could I use \' like I do in some MySQL databases?

Also, I have frequency set for months with the pulldown set at 1. That does mean that the customer will be charged once a month?

I did an order and sure enough, it came up as $0.00 in the cart. When I completed the order, the cart did not take me to the PayPal screen like it does at the end of standard non-subscription orders. Is this normal?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast