Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: osCommerce Template Installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Whats your url going to be?
    Will eventually be at http://www.emilyjanes.com

At the moment the carts not even up, and the homepage just has a php form that doesn't work

Plugin Contributions

thanx, I just wanted the url so that I could stay away.
    Im pretty sure that I wouldnt want to purchase anything from someone that has such loose morals,

your actions remind me why I stopped selling stuff on ebay
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

And here I keep saying that there's no flaming on these forums ...

Plugin Contributions

thanx, I just wanted the url so that I could stay away.
    Im pretty sure that I wouldnt want to purchase anything from someone that has such loose morals,

your actions remind me why I stopped selling stuff on ebay

Loose morals? I'm not the one that falsely advertised something. The website detailled that I would get a template that would work on ZenCart for $150, and that is how much I have paid in order to get the template to work on my website. Had the template site actually provided what they advertised, they would be the ones that had the $150 in their pocket, not a web design company. Had they not tried to imorally screw me out of $150 with their false claims and non-existant customer service, then I wouldn't have had to spend hours searching the net to find another company to do the job they advertised they would do.

Had said template company turned around, admitted that advertising an osCommerce template for ZenCart was wrong, and offered to help me make it work on my cart like they said it would easily do, they would be the ones with the $150 in their pockets still. Instead, they admitted they were wrong and refunded the money.

If my actions remind you of why you no longer trade on ebay, then I can only assume you falsely advertised what you were selling in order to make a few extra bucks and have some poor sucker buy something from you thinking it was something else. If you were a perfectly legitimate seller, then you wouldn't have any problems, or 'actions like mine' coming back to bite you in the backside. As I said, I was quite happy to pay out the $150 for the template, which is why I purchased it in the first place. Had they supplied a template that worked for ZenCart, or at least provided me support in getting it to work with ZenCart, they would be the ones with $150 in their pockets. Instead, the company that advertised they could make it work, and did get it working with my cart, are the ones with the money instead.

If it was actions like mine that stopped you trading on ebay, then why did I happily turn around and pay a different company the same amount of money to install it for me? The reason I bought a template is because I didn't want to do any coding myself, that's the reason I paid $150 of my own money for the template. What's the point in buying a template if you're only going to have to sit and totally re-write it to fit your site? The template company failled to do what they advertised, so they refunded me. The only reason that people would ever fail at trading on ebay is if they weren't all they made themselves out to be. It doesn't take long to find thousands of people all around the world, who legitimately use ebay to trade very successfully.

And you talk about loose morals? If you went into a store and spent thousands on a bag of diamonds, only to find out it was full of sand, are you telling me that you'd not either take it back and ask for the diamonds, or ask for a refund? Obviously you wouldn't just sit there, shrug your shoulders, and move on. The type of people with loose morals are people that will happily sell something knowing full well that what they gave you isn't what you paid for, hoping that you can't be bothered to complain while they line their pockets will ill-gotten gains.

I hope for your sake you have a glass stomach, else I don't see how you cope with every day life with your head shoved so far up your own a$$
    Last edited by emilyjanes; 6 Oct 2008 at 01:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

its simple,

you bought a product

wasnt as desribed

got a refund

and still want to use a product that you in fact didnt pay for,

the $150 that you are paying someone else is not the point,
    its the point that you are taking the design that you DIDNT pay for and are using it......

I dont know about where you come from but where I come from its called stealing

and as to ebay,

No it never happened to me but I do know a few people that sold things on ebay, were as described and the minute the people got their goods they cried to paypal and got fraudulent refunds.....

Im not saying your refuind was fraudulent you had a good reason, but you dont have the right to use something that you didnt pay for......

so yes I would say loose morals....

otherwise I could call it just like I see it,

and straight call a thief a thief..........

and you can save your moral highground bull$%^& cause thats all it will be......

you didnt pay for it but your gonna use it.....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by emilyjanes View Post
    And you talk about loose morals? If you went into a store and spent thousands on a bag of diamonds, only to find out it was full of sand, are you telling me that you'd not either take it back and ask for the diamonds, or ask for a refund? Obviously you wouldn't just sit there, shrug your shoulders, and move on. The type of people with loose morals are people that will happily sell something knowing full well that what they gave you isn't what you paid for, hoping that you can't be bothered to complain while they line their pockets will ill-gotten gains.
    see this is the bulls**t im talking about
    Yes I would ask for a refund,

Just like you did and I agree with that part...

its the fact that you plan on still using the template that you got a REFUND for thats the problem........

thats the point

if you got your money back then you have NO right to use their design,

in short its like going to walmart
    buying somehting

walking in the store getting a refund then picking the product back up and walking out of the store with it.......

its the same thing

its STEALING

but since I seem to be talking to someone with no morals, and even less common sense I will stop wasting my time and space on this board.....

I just wanted the url so that I know who NOT to buy from...

cause if your willing to steal then your willing to also cheat....

Peace
    Last edited by Kim; 6 Oct 2008 at 03:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

its simple,

you bought a product

wasnt as desribed

got a refund

and still want to use a product that you in fact didnt pay for,

the $150 that you are paying someone else is not the point,
    its the point that you are taking the design that you DIDNT pay for and are using it......

I dont know about where you come from but where I come from its called stealing

and as to ebay,

No it never happened to me but I do know a few people that sold things on ebay, were as described and the minute the people got their goods they cried to paypal and got fraudulent refunds.....

Im not saying your refuind was fraudulent you had a good reason, but you dont have the right to use something that you didnt pay for......

so yes I would say loose morals....

otherwise I could call it just like I see it,

and straight call a thief a thief..........

and you can save your moral highground bull$%^& cause thats all it will be......

you didnt pay for it but your gonna use it.....

Alright, if you wanna get into the details about it. I purchased an osCommerce template for $150. It didn't work on my ZenCart, so I contacted the company, who instead of helping me make it work on my cart, issued myself a refund. I then paid another company to design a template in the same style for ZenCart. They did this, they installed it, I paid them.

Saying I 'stole' the original osCommerce template which I never paid for isn't true, because I do not have this template anywhere on my website, or computer for that matter. I don't have an osCommerce cart, I don't use osCommerce products at all in any way, so if I've stolen it, what exactly am I using it with?

I showed the second design company what I wanted my website to look like, told them that I needed it for ZenCart, they designed a template and installed it all for me. So where am I using the osCommerce template I first paid for, and then got refunded on?

I am not still using the original template that you think I stole, clearly based on the fact that I had a different company design a new template for a totally different shopping cart. The color scheme is different, the banners aren't the same, it's merely the rough layout that the new design company used as a basis for my own personal template.

As for your friend, if he ever decides to trade on ebay again advise him to read Paypals terms and conditions on chargebacks and fraud claims. As long as you send the product recorded delivery to the paypal users verified address, the buyers credit card company will fail in getting the money back from Paypal. Sending to the verified address and getting a signature on delivery proves that it was sent to the address the credit card is registered to, and signed for by someone within that household.

Speaking about 'moral highground bull$%^&', who died and made you God? Or do you think you can just sit and mouth off at people asking for help because you think having 15,000+ posts makes you more important or special than everyone else? Because open you eyes, you're not. You're just making yourself look like an absolute idiot, and you're dragging down this whole site with you. Surprised people bother asking for help with people like yourself who'd rather throw their bottle out their pram than help like they've been asked to.

Plugin Contributions

let me explain my understanding then go back through the thread...

from Kim

Uh, this is more an ethics problem than anything else - but, if you got your money back, what gives you the right to use the template anyway?

from you

Well considering the template was $150 and I was told that it would work on ZenCart only for it not to, it will probably cost me about $150 to get it changed from an osCommerce template over to a ZenCart one, meaning that I personally will be paying the same value for the template I wanted.

Had the website advertised that it would work on ZenCart and it actually work, I wouldn't care if they had my money. But now I am going to have to spend the money I saved due to them lying to get it changed over.

Might say it's not fair because I got it for free and I'm using it, but the company would never had my money in the first place had they been honest, and it's not like it's free considering I will have to pay a company to change it over for me if I want to use it.

the way that reads, at least to me and about a dozen others I have talked to

is that you bought it,
    it wasnt right
    the company would fix it so they gave you your money back.
    and that its going to cost you the same $150 to get it changed into a ZC template.....

so yes this reads that you got your money back then will be using it anyway.

then you justified it with this
    Might say it's not fair because I got it for free and I'm using it, but the company would never had my money in the first place had they been honest, and it's not like it's free considering I will have to pay a company to change it over for me if I want to use it.
    so once again if you go back and read this I am hoping that you will see that in all appearances that you are in fact going to use a template that you didnt pay for......

this is where my post about morals came from,

and No I dont care how many posts I do or dont have

the way this reads is that you are stealing.....

im serious
    go back and read your statements

you never once said that you will NOT be using that template or design...

your statements all came back to you felt cheated and that you would then do what you wanted

Most folks coming in here and reading this thread ( at least the people I polled ) will see the same thing that I did

you paid for it

you got refunded

you will use it anyway.......

that's the perception your statements reflect......

Please if this is wrong then rather than getting defensive ( this started with your answer to kim ) ,

speak slowly and clearly and let the world know that you are in fact NOT using merchandise that you didnt pay for

Plugin Contributions

Gotta agree with Merlinpa1969 and Kim on this one. The way you comments read is like:

You went to the store to buy brown eggs. The package said brown eggs. You got home and the eggs were white. Went back to the store they didn't have brown eggs so they gave you your money back. But you kept the eggs. Now you paid some one to make the eggs brown so keeping the eggs is ok!

Still the same eggs you got your money back for, just look different.

Same idea template works different but the design is still the same and you did not pay for it.

Plugin Contributions

it was brought to my attention that there may have misunderstood my term about loose morals,

I want you to know that I in no way was making any comment about your business.......

I like the products your site sells......

hope that clears that up and that there were no misunderstandings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12