Plugin Contributions

red flag No Shopping Cart - Products Not Added?

I've run into a new problem after adding several new products with multiple attributes. (Note: several times the system "hung" while assigning attributes and I had to click the Insert button again, but all the products loaded)

PROBLEM: After clicking the Add To Cart button, a new page opens with the title:

http://www.asylett.com/authorOrderin...r_of_uploads=0

If you go back to the catalog page (via Back button), the shopping cart box displays on the side reporting the item you added. But if you click the shopping cart link in the box, another blank page opens with the title:

http://www.asylett.com/authorOrderin...=shopping_cart

If I understand it correctly, the shopping cart won't display unless there are items in it. And it appears from the first error that the items are not loading to the cart although the shopping cart box indicates they have.

I've found several instances of No Shopping Cart on this forum, but none of those problems/solutions fit with this, that I can tell.

Store Stats: version 1.3.8a
    www.asylett.com/authorOrdering
    Running behind a password protected directory, but the shopping cart worked fine before uploading new products.

Not sure where to look for the problem...

Sandra

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Shopping Cart - Products Not Added?

Little more about this problem: I installed the debugging module and came up with the following parse error: "unexpected ':' found in authorOrdering/includes/language/english/shopping_cart.php on line 13

I located the rogue colon and deleted it, saved the file and uploaded it to the server. I attempted to load a product to the shopping cart and ended up with the same error as in message above: "shopping_cart&number_to_upload=0"

Checked the cache for the debugging report and received the same parse error as listed above.

I deleted the text I had added on line 13 of shopping_cart.php. Then I deleted the file on the server and reloaded it.

The error continued.

I finally gave up and loaded a copy of the shopping_cart.php from my other store. Now the shopping cart is working again.

I'm sure there is a better solution to this problem, but I couldn't find it. Maybe if someone else comes up against the same problem they'll find a solution.

:)
    Sandra