Plugin Contributions

Default Trying To Match (Style + Layout) EZ Page Header + Footer...

I have searched for information on this before posting, so if I missed an existing article please just point me to that article rather than posting on this thread.

Anyway, the problem I am having is that of making the header and footer ez page links match up in both layout and style.

Normally, using the stylesheet, this is very straightforward; however, in this case the footer links use an unordered list with inline layout and the header links are just the hyperlinks on their own. This also creates another problem, because the unordered list for the footer links gives an extra seperator at the beginning of the list of links ( :: link1 :: link2 ::, etc. instead of link1 :: link2 ::, etc.).

I have found tpl_ezpages.php, which appears to define the footer ez links, but not whatever file defines the header ez links.

Can anybody advise me on this or give me a clearer idea of the file structure involved here so I can fix this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying To Match (Style + Layout) EZ Page Header + Footer...

Right, I have confirmed that the tpl_ezpages.php affects both the header and footer EZPages links - ie: there is only the one template file.

Unfortunately, the only way to make the header and footer link lines match in layout appears to be by copying the code content from the tpl_footer.php to tpl_header.php because when you use the default EZPagesTop element the links are pushed over to the far left of the page and cannot be made to match upto the footer links in layout or style no matter what.

I cannot make that first :: seperator appear, either, no matter what. - I did think at first that it was being generated through the use of the unordered list with the :: seperator assigned through the use of PHP but am now not so sure about this.

I guess that it must some limitation or bug in the coding and will have to caution people about this when I include headers in my guides. Meanwhile the only workaround I can think of, short of re-writing the entire header section is not to use seperators, or to include them in the link titles.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying To Match (Style + Layout) EZ Page Header + Footer...

Right, seeing as this seems to have everybody in this part of the forum baffled the solution is as follows:

As confirmed earlier, tpl_ezpages.php affects the layout of both the header and the footer EZPage link lines - ie: there is only the one template file.

The problem with the additional :: seperator in the footer link line lies in the layout of the code of the tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php or the tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php depending on whether you want the additional seperator at the beginning of the EZPage link lines or not. - If not, then synchronise the line layout from the header file with the footer; otherwise sync the line layout from the footer file with the header file. - Seperator problem solved!

As for the layout issue, well... my preference is still for copying the footer information, making changes where necessary and ditching the use of the EZTopPages element altogether in favour of navSuppWrapper and navSupp (and yes, I am aware of the potential problems of that if I need to play around with them at a later date!).

Hope this helps someone because there is bound to be some other hapless beginner out there who has had to throw in the towel on this or who is sick of seeing that additional seperator and having no idea how to kill the damn thing.