Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS and UPS shipping module update

@puppy
    Could you hit reply, answer some of the pertinent posting tips, and tell us (a little better) what seems to be the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This is where you need to customize your USPS shipping module ...

,,, }
    [/CODE]

And these will get results such as:

But you need to customize it for your shop ...
    I have been reading everything in this thread for hours, trying everythink anyone suggested, but I cannot get my site to show Small Flat Rate Box. All I get is Priority mail, which is slightly higher in cost.

I am using 1.3.9d, I did a clean install. My usps.php file has the lines of text that you stated, bu I still cannot get the Flat rate option.

Any ideas?
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Edit the file:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

And see what setting is used for:
    Code:
              //PRIORITY MAIL OPTIONS
              if ($key == 'PRIORITY'){
                $this->container = ''; // Blank, Flate Rate Envelope, or Flat Rate Box // Sm Flat Rate Box, Md Flat Rate Box and Lg Flat Rate Box

}
    This controls which one is used for the Priority shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Here is what my file shows now:

//PRIORITY MAIL OPTIONS
    if ($key == 'PRIORITY'){
    $this->container = ''; // Blank, Flate Rate Envelope, or Flat Rate Box // Sm Flat Rate Box, Md Flat Rate Box and Lg Flat Rate Box

Is that not what you also posted. Sorry if I am not understanding.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

What I am saying is if you want to ensure that ALL of the Priority Mail is:
    Sm Flat Rate Box

Then change the code to read:
    Code:
    $this->container = 'Sm Flat Rate Box'; // Blank, Flate Rate Envelope, or Flat Rate Box // Sm Flat Rate Box, Md Flat Rate Box and Lg Flat Rate Box
    If you want to ensure that ALL of the Priority Mail is:
    Lg Flat Rate Box

Then change the code to read:
    Code:
    $this->container = 'Lg Flat Rate Box'; // Blank, Flate Rate Envelope, or Flat Rate Box // Sm Flat Rate Box, Md Flat Rate Box and Lg Flat Rate Box
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Duh - I finally understand. Thanks!! It worked. I have to put the service I want between the 2 single quotes!
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this works for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Changes Coming.

Got this email a couple of days ago. Anything here that is going to require a new version of the shipping module?

Valued Web Tools Customer;
    There are several important changes occurring in the coming months for the Customs Forms and International APIs. Please read the following notice in its entirety.

1. Please reference the June 17, 2010 edition of the USPS Postal Bulletin (http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/pb2010.htm) for a valid index of countries and localities. Effective August 2, 2010, integrators of the following APIs may receive an error response if requests are made to the API with values other than those on the USPS Postal Bulletin list:

- IntlRate
    - ExpressMailIntl
    - PriorityMailIntl
    - FirstClassMailIntl
    - CustomsCN22*
    - CustomsCN22V2
    - CustomsCP72V2*
    - CustomsCP72V3
    * CustomsCN22 and CustomsCP72V2 are out-dated and will be retired on September 26, 2010 and January 2, 2011, respectively (see below).

2. Effective September 26, 2010, the Customs Form 2976/CN22 API (CustomsCN22) will be retired. Requests made to this API will result in an error response. A new version of the API, CustomsCN22V2, is currently available for use. Detailed technical specifications for this API can be found at http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm under Online Customs Forms.

3. Effective September 26, 2010, the Customs Form 2976/CN22 API (CustomsCN22V2) will undergo several changes. Most significantly, the label image will change in the following ways to satisfy USPS and US Census Bureau regulations:

- A second “Post Office” copy will be added to the bottom portion of the label. This area was blank in the past;
    - An “Exemption and Exclusion Legend” box will be added to the label;
    - The dimensions of the “Shipping Label” and “Customer Copy” will change slightly relative to each other, though the overall dimensions will remain the same;

- A “Merchandise” checkbox will be added;
    - Instructions, certification and Privacy Act text on the second page will be modified.
    Changes to the XML schema will be made to enforce several restrictions and add several optional fields. New XML tags will be optional and updated specifications will be published at http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm when the changes are available in the Web Tools production environment:

- <GrossPounds> plus <GrossOunces> cannot exceed 4 pounds, unless addressed to an APO/FPO/DPO or US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State;

- The sum of <NetPounds> and <NetOunces> values cannot exceed 4 pounds, unless addressed to an APO/FPO/DPO or US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State;

- The sum of <NetValue> values cannot exceed 400, unless addressed to an APO/FPO/DPO or US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State;

- An <EELPFC> tag to allow input of an “Exemption and Exclusion Legend” to satisfy US Census Bureau regulations;
    - A “MERCHANDISE” enumeration in the <ContentType> tag;
    - An optional <ContentTypeOther> tag for use when <ContentType> = “OTHER”
    - Up to 5 items in the <ItemDetail> group;
    - An optional <HSTariffNumber> tag in the <ItemDetail> group to allow an HS Tariff Number to be input for each of up to 5 items;

- An optional tag to specify Ship Date;
    - Changes in the <MailClass> enumerations;
    - An optional tag to specify a US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State destination ZIP Code.
    4. Effective January 2, 2011, the Customs Form 2976-A/CP72 API (CustomsCP72V2) will be retired. Requests made to this API will result in an error response. A new version of the API, CustomsCP72V3, is currently available for use. Detailed technical specifications for this API can be found at http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm under Online Customs Forms.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    ... when I choose an international address I get: -2147218052 - The ounces field must be less than 5 digits ....
    I found the problem.
    See your /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    there is a line that is supposed to prevent this, but it does not work. It tries to round ounces to 3 decimal places. We have no use for fractions of an ounce, so I rounded it up. It will probably also work if you change the rounding to 2 places instead of 3.

// usps currently cannot handle more than 5 digits on international
    // $shipping_ounces = zen_round($shipping_ounces, 3); // original code 09-24-2010
    $shipping_ounces = ceil($shipping_ounces); // new code 09-24-2010

Plugin Contributions

There are some situations where that does need to be changed to 2 even though USPS is suppose to take 5 digits ...

It is odd, as what the US shipping will take for 5 digits, the International shipping sometimes will not take the same 5 digits ...

If this is a problem for you, change that to 2 ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast