Plugin Contributions

help question Is it possible to use ZenCart to showcase products but *not* sell them?

Kind of a stupid question. Why would I want to install Zencart if not to SELL stuff... but is it possible to use it and not have it, for example, show the "add to cart" button?

A client may want to just showcase his inventory but not actually use the page to sell the merchandise. I first thought to use an Open Source gallery like ZenPhoto or gallery2 for that (since I'd only need to display images with captions), but then I wondered if using something like ZenCart would be better if, say, the client later changed his mind and wanted to sell his stuff online after all.

Ed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to use ZenCart to showcase products but *not* sell them?

Admin - Configuration - My Store - Store Status will allow you to set your store to Showcase mode, with or without prices - no checkout allowed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to use ZenCart to showcase products but *not* sell them?

Thanks for your help steveh :)

Plugin Contributions

is there a way to not show pricing but enable them to checkout?

the only things I have seen redirect you to the contact us page

(we have the customer to configure their order with their desired attributes and then it is submitted as an order and then we contact them about what they are specifically interested in)

i'm thinking that I just need to delete all the prices for the products and attributes, that or check everything off as free and delete or rename the free text to something else

any suggestions?

thank you
    Steve