Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sold New Products display Sold Out instead of price on index and products_new pag

Hi, this fix above worked easily for me, and what I'm looking for is a tweak just beyond this: do this ONLY on the index products display - - not on any other page that shows products.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks so much,

Julia
    http://www.skystonetrading.com
    1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sold New Products display Sold Out instead of price on index and products_new pag

Hi there,

I think this is useful, and is that possible to show the price also ?

If that is possible , how to change the code?

As i want customer also know the price of the sold out product .

Thanks you

Tim

Plugin Contributions

Hi!
    I've quite different issue but decided to post here since related thread has been closed without solution years ago.
    So, I need to keep both available and sold out items turned ON, but I want to have available items listed first in their categories. Is it possible to do this in auto mode without setting sort order manually (in most cases I'm satisfied with default alphabetical sort order)? Or it is necessary to create new option somewhere in Admin part of code and modify sorting methods?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    Am wondering if there is a way to automatically after you sell a product it be transfered to a seperate foldaer that shoes sold items. I deal in one off items, but would like people to be able to view previoslu sold items. Any ideas

Was think ing could change pages 2,3,or 4 into this sold items picture gallery or something.

Is there a way to do it automatically, if not, how oould I go aheads doing it manually, just upload images to page 2? How would I do that though php's? if so ehat directory,
    chjeers presh.

Plugin Contributions

You could customize your order.php class file around line 717 where the code reads:
    Code:
              if ($stock_left <= 0) {
                // only set status to off when not displaying sold out
    and set it to change the category that it is in for the table:
    products_to_categories

and change the master_categories_id on the table:
    products
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

that sounds good :) I am currently a php beginner,
    would it be easier to make a categorie in my products folder saying "sold out items" and move them there when they are sold. This is becasue I am unsure how to add pictures ect into the pages 1,2 and 3 extras.

If so how can I move them there when they are sold, can it be done automatically when sold?
    what would I put in the php

if ($stock_left <= 0) {move to "sold out items"

how can I change the above to "real"php? :)

Also, If I do have another categorie, can I enable that "sold out items" categorie to not show up when "all categories" is chosen?
    Much thanks :) I am nearly at a point where I can add my stock :)

Plugin Contributions

Products exist in the Category that they are set to in the table:
    products_to_categories

If you change the setting of the field:
    categories_id

to the Sold Out Category then that is where the Product will now be ...

Next, change the field:
    master_categories_id

in the table:
    products

to be the Sold Out Category ...

Then, to prevent those Products from showing in the All Products ... you would need to customize the SQL statement for the All Products to exclude the categories_id for the Sold Out Products ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello Ajeh, Thank you very much for your help. I see there are a few steps to what I am trying to do. If I break it up the first step
    I have called my category “Sold out items”

1)
    Products exist in the Category that they are set to in the table:
    products_to_categories (can’t find this table,have found php file but still) ?

If you change the setting of the field:
    categories_id

Ok… so where do I find categories_id to change the settings ????
    What would I change????

Also, In the order.php you gave me earlier it looks like this. Is this still relevant to what I am trying to do? Should I add the bold bit.…
    if ($stock_left <= 0) {
    if (SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT == '0') {Sold out items} (?????)
    $db->Execute("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = 0 where products_id = '" . zen_get_prid($this->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

And then I will concentrate on change the
    finding the
    table: products  to change the field:
    master_categories_id to “Sold out items”

Please, I think I need direction. Can I access any from Zen admin or is it all through php's. I do a seaqrch for these words, and there are may hits, much thanks presh.

Plugin Contributions

To Remove the Product from all Categories and Move it to the Sold Out Category and fix the master_categories_id to the Sold Out Category ...

Assume we are using categories_id 70 for the Sold Out Category ... you will have to change that to match yours ...

Edit the file:
    /includes/classes/order.php

and change the code to include the code in red:
    Code:
              if ($stock_left <= 0) {

// bof: move Product to Sold Out Category categories_id 70
              // remove Product from all categories
              $db->Execute("DELETE from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " WHERE products_id = '" . zen_get_prid($this->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
              // add Product to Sold Out Category categories_id 70
              $db->Execute("INSERT into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . "
                          (products_id, categories_id)
                          values (" . (int)zen_get_prid($this->products[$i]['id']) . ", 70)");
              // update master_categories_id to be Sold Out Category 70
              $db->Execute("UPDATE " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " SET master_categories_id = 70 WHERE products_id = '" . zen_get_prid($this->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
    // eof: move Product to Sold Out Category categories_id

if (SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT == '0') {
                  $db->Execute("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = 0 where products_id = '" . zen_get_prid($this->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
                }
              }
    Make sure that in the Configuration ... Stock ... that the setting for the Product Status on Sold Out is set to 1:
    Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to
    Show Products when out of stock

0= set product status to OFF
    1= leave product status ON
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

:) yay thanks you that worked :) It sent sold items to the sold items category...
    one question is though, I did njot see a "classics"folder in the classes/order.php folders and so I edited the original php without adding my custom folder as I was told you can only add your own custom folder if classics folder is there., Is that o.k..
    Now I am onto the next thing nearly there, thank you so much :) presh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast