Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Global price change?

Thanks for the update that you have this working now and that the problem was related to using the incorrect id ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What about just change price for certain category?
    All my waterslide sub-categories decals are same price under Main Category "Waterslide Decals"

is there a simple way to change the price without change one product at time?

Thank you for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Do you use Linked Products?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

No, I did not.

there are many sub decal categories under Main "Water slide decals" categories, but I did not link them because they are different designs, but they are all same price.

Plugin Contributions

A global price change using a SELECT statement needs to be able to use something common about the Products ...

Usually, this is easily done with the manufactuers_id or the master_categories_id ...

Products that are in the same Top Level Category have different master_categories_id as the master_categories_id is the immediate categories_id that the Product belongs to ...

So if you have a Top Level or Main Category called Water Decals with categories_id 27 ... then sub-categories below that that hold Products, you need to know those sub-categories categories_id that are the master_categories_id of the Product ...

If you have 7 sub-categories, there will be 7 master_categories_id for these products ...

If you are still unsure about the master_categories_id then you can edit a Product to see what it is ...

Does that make sense to you on what categories_id you need to find for these Products in order to run a SELECT statement to update the prices?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I think so,
    My Main (top) Waterslide decal id is 1, and sub-categories (master) id are 33, 47, 3, 4, 5, 34, 6, 37, 39, 40 41, and 38 (I found these ID by go to Admin > catalog > categories/products, and they are on left side with subcategory name)

So I would need to Run SELECT statement to globally change my prices by go to "Install MySQL patches"?

could you show me the SELECT statement that I do to run...
    Thank you so much for your time!

Plugin Contributions

That is correct, each categories_id that you see in the master_categories_id would need to have this statement run:

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_price = XX.XX WHERE master_categories_id = YY;
    NOTE: Backup your database before using this and replace the XX.XX with the Product Price for all Products that are in the master_categories_id where YY is the master_categories_id such as 33, 47, 3, 4, 5, 34, 6, 37, 39, 40, 41, and 38 ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much,

I am going to back up my database first before I run this statement. will let you know how it turn out.

once again Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    I use quick updates (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=101) to accomplish this... Nice thing for you is the added ability to change by percentage (like to cover currency fluctuations) for all products or just selected products.

~Melanie
    Hi Melanie,
    I have just installed this, but nothing seems to have changed. How do you use it?

Plugin Contributions

I've had a look around but had no luck with anything I've found so far.

What I'm looking for is to change all products of a set price. Eg. All items worth 45 to change to 46 .

I've tried editing the SQL code but with no luck due to my relatively poor coding knowledge

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast